Today in the National Women’s Hockey League the Metropolitan Riveters have re-signed a trio of players from last season’s team.
Shatalova Returns for Second Season
- Tatiana Shatalova recorded two goals and 10 assists for 12 points in 22 games for the Riveters in her rookie season.
- Before joining the NWHL, Shatalova had played in the Russian Women’s Hockey League for five years starting at the age of 15.
- Shatalova had a stretch of nine points in eight games for the Riveters, which included a goal and an assist in the Buffalo Believes Classic outdoor game.
Avery Also Returns for Second Season
- Brooke Avery has re-signed with the Riveters for her second season, and in her rookie season she recorded five goals in 21 regular season games.
- Avery previously played for University of New Hampshire and Syracuse in College before coming to the NWHL.
Lewis Returns to the Blue Line
- Jayne Lewis played only two games last season for the Riveters, but she made an instant impact as she would record a goal and two assists.
- Before joining the Riveters, Lewis played for Sacred Heart and last season she would record 22 goals and 13 assists for 35 points in 32 games.
- Lewis ended her collegiate career with 139 points in 126 games played.
TXHT will continue to provide NWHL coverage as more signings and news are announced.