NHL News and Notes from Monday, Febuary 24th, 2020
- It was busy day in the NHL as the Trade Deadline came and went check out the TXHT Trade Tracker for all of the day’s trades.
- The Nashville Predators signed forward to a two year contract extension worth $4 mil.
- The New York Rangers re-signed forward Chris Kreider to a 7 year deal.
- The Toronto Maple Leafs would sign defenseman Jake Muzzin to a four year contract extension.
- After acquiring him from the Ottawa Senators, the New York Islanders would sign Jean-Gabriel Pageau to a six year deal.
Ottawa Senators v. Columbus Blue Jackets – 7p EST Start Time
In Columbus following the fallout of the NHL Trade Deadline the Blue Jackets would play host to the Ottawa Senators. In the first three periods both teams would trade goals as Connor Brown and Nick Foligno would both score in the first and second periods for their teams, and then Colin White would score for the Senators and Stefan Matteau would score for the Jackets to send the game to overtime. Then in the extra frame Emil Bemstrom would score to give the Blue Jackets the 4-3 victory.