On a rather swift Sunday, there would be five games of NHL action
NHL News and Notes from Sunday, November 19th, 2023
Toronto Maple Leafs v. Minnesota Wild – 8a ET – NHL Global Series in Stockholm, Sweden
- In Stockholm, Sweden for the final game of the Global Series the Minnesota Wild and Toronto Maple Leafs would faceoff in an early morning (in North America) matchup, and in the first period Jon Merrill would net his first of the season to give the Wild the 1-0 lead, but goals from Auston Matthews and Matthew Knies would give the Leafs the 2-1 lead. Then after a scoreless second period Morgan Reilly would score to give the Leafs the 3-1 lead, but goals from Jake Middleton and Mats Zuccarello would tie the game at three for the Wild as they would force overtime. In the extra frame William Nylander would score to give the Maple Leafs the 4-3 overtime victory over the Wild.
Columbus Blue Jackets v. Philadelphia Flyers – 530p ET
- In Philadelphia, the Flyers welcomed the Blue Jackets to town and in the first the Flyers got on the board when Joel Farabee scores his seventh of the year but then Columbus tied it up with Alexandre Texier’s fourth of the year. In the second, Bobby Brink’s power play goal, his fourth goal of the season, gave Philadelphia the lead back and then Ryan Poehling’s shorthanded goal put the Flyers up two. Columbus then got with a goal when he scored his eighth of the season. In the third, Travis Konecny scored his 11th of the year and then Cam York scored his second of the year on an empty netter as the Flyers defeated the Blue Jackets 5-2.
Vegas Golden Knights v. Pittsburgh Penguins – 6p ET
- In the Steel City, the Penguins welcomed the Golden Knights for the lone time on the season and in the first Ryan Graves scored his first to put Pittsburgh up 1-0. In the second, Noel Acciari scored his first to give the Pens the 2-0 lead. In the third, Evgeni Malkin scored his ninth of the year on an empty netter as the Penguins went on to shut out the Golden Knights 3-0.
Buffalo Sabres v. Chicago Blackhawks – 7p ET
- In the Windy City, the Blackhawks welcomed the Sabres for the only time this season and in the first Buffalo took the 1-0 lead with Rasmus Dahlin’s fourth of the year. In the second, Chicago got on the board with Taylor Raddysh’s third of the year but then Jeff Skinner’s power play goal, his eighth of the season gave Buffalo the one goal lead back. Then, Philipp Kurashev’s fourth of the season tied the game for the ‘Hawks. In the third, Erik Johnson scored his second of the year as the Sabres held on to defeat the Blackhawks 3-2.
St. Louis Blues v. Anaheim Ducks – 8p ET
- In Anaheim, the Ducks looked to leave St. Louis looking a little Blue. In the first, St. Louis got a pair when Jake Neighbours and Pavel Buchnevich each scored. In the second, St. Louis tooko the three goal lead with Alexey Toropchenko’s third of the year but then the Ducks got on the board when Mason McTavish scored his eighth of the season. After a scoreless third, the Blues went on to defeat the Ducks 3-1.
- EDM v. FLA – 7p ET
- BOS v. TB – 7p ET
- NYR v. DAL – 8p ET
- COL v. NAS – 8p ET
- LA v. ARI – 9p ET
- CAL v. SEA – 10p ET
- SJ v. VAN – 10p ET
Noteworthy in Hockey
TXHT may earn an Affiliate Commission if you purchase something through Cool Hockey and Dr. Squatch ads/links in this article.