It would be a 9 game docket in the NHL as it would feature some fun battles and comebacks throughout the night.
NHL News and Notes from Tuesday, November 14th, 2023
- The NHL Department of Player Safety announced that they have fined Edmonton Oilers forward Leon Draisaitl.
- Draisaitl was fined $5,000 for a dangerous trip on New York Islanders forward Bo Horvat on Monday night.
- The fine is the maximum allowed per the CBA.
Edmonton’s Leon Draisaitl has been fined $5,000, the maximum allowable under the CBA, for a dangerous trip on NY Islanders’ Bo Horvat.— NHL Player Safety (@NHLPlayerSafety) November 14, 2023
- The Washington Capitals announced that they have sent goaltender Hunter Shepard to Hershey of the AHL.
NEWS | The Washington Capitals have loaned goaltender Hunter Shepard to the Hershey Bears. https://t.co/EtqpkdqcPt— Washington Capitals (@Capitals) November 14, 2023
- In the PWHL the league would unveil their Season One jerseys.
- Toronto announced that they have signed forward Natalie Spooner to a two year deal.
Boston Bruins v. Buffalo Sabres – 7p ET
- In Buffalo the Sabres would play host to the Boston Bruins, and in the first period Danton Heinen, David Pastrnak, and Brandon Carlo would score to give the Bruins the 3-0 lead. In the second period Oskar Steen and Hampus Lindholm would strike to grow the B’s lead to five, but Victor Olofsson would score to get the Sabres on the board. Then in the third period Olofsson would net his second of the game, but it wouldn’t be enough as the Sabres would fall to the Bruins 5-2.
Pittsburgh Penguins v. Columbus Blue Jackets – 7p ET
- In Columbus the Pittsburgh Penguins would come to town to take on the Blue Jackets, and in the first period Sidney Crosby would score to get the Pens on the board first, but goals from Kirill Marchenko and Yegor Chinakhov would give the Jackets the 2-1 lead. In the second period Jake Guentzel would score to tie the game at two for the Pens. Then in the third period Alexandre Texier would score for the Jackets, but Erik Karlsson would score and Crosby would net two more goals to complete the hat trick to give the Penguins the 5-3 victory over the Blue Jackets.
Calgary Flames v. Montreal Canadiens – 7p ET
- In Montreal for an all Canadian matchup the Canadiens would host the Calgary Flames, and after a scoreless first period we’d see all of our goals scored in the second period as Nazem Kadri would strike to get the Flames on the board first, but Gustav Lindstrom would score to tie the game at one for the Habs. However, later in the period Connor Zary would score to give the Flames the 2-1 victory over the Canadiens.
Vegas Golden Knights v. Washington Capitals – 7p ET
- In Washington the Capitals would take on the defending Stanley Cup Champion Vegas Golden Knights, and in the first period Dylan Strome would score to give the Caps the 1-0 lead. Then after a scoreless second period Connor McMichael would get the empty netter and Beck Malenstyn would strike 16 seconds later on a breakaway to give the Capitals the 3-0 shutout victory over the Golden Knights.
Arizona Coyotes v. Dallas Stars – 8p ET
- In Dallas the Stars would take on the Arizona Coyotes, and in the first period Clayton Keller would open the scoring for the Yotes, but Esa Lindell would score to tie the game at one for the Stars. In the second period Roope Hintz would score to give the Stars the 2-1 lead. Then in the third period Jason Zucker would score to tie the game at two, and Lawson Crouse would score for the Coyotes to take the 3-2 lead, but Tyler Seguin would strike to tie the game at three for the Stars to force overtime. In the extra frame Matt Duchene would score to give the Stars the 4-3 victory over the Coyotes.
Anaheim Ducks v. Nashville Predators – 8p ET
- In Nashville the Anaheim Ducks would visit the Predators, and after a scoreless first period Filip Forsberg and Roman Josi would score to give the Preds the 2-0 lead, but Cam Fowler would score to get the Ducks on the board. Then in the third period Radko Gudas would score to tie the game at two and then Urho Vaakanainen would net his first career goal for the Ducks to defeat the Predators 3-2.
Tampa Bay Lightning v. St. Louis Blues – 8p ET
- In St. Louis the Blues would take on the Tampa Bay Lightning, and in the first period Colton Parayko would score to give the Blues the 1-0 lead. In the second period Jordan Kyrou and Jakub Vrana would score to grow the Blues lead to three. Then in the third period Kasperi Kapanen would get the empty netter and Kyrou would get his second of the game to give the Blues the 5-0 victory over the Lightning.
New Jersey Devils v. Winnipeg Jets – 8p ET
- In Winnipeg the Jets would battle the New Jersey Devils, and after a scoreless first period Timo Meier and John Marino would score for the Devils, but goals from Kyle Connor, Cole Perfetti, and Nikolaj Ehlers would give the Jets the 3-2 lead. Then in the third period Connor would net his second of the game and Morgan Barron to give the Jets the 5-2 lead. Dawson Mercer would score for the Devils, but Ehlers would net his second of the game to give the Jets the 6-3 victory over the Devils.
- Florida Panthers v. San Jose Sharks – 1030p ET
- PHI v. CAR – 730p ET
- SEA v. EDM – 830p ET
- ANA v. COL – 9p ET
- NYI v. VAN – 10p ET
Noteworthy in Hockey
- The Jeff Marek Show – The Latest with Elliotte Friedman: The Knoblauch Era Begins (SportsNet)
- NHL general managers discuss changes to overtime, cut-resistant equipment (SportsNet)
- Insider Trading: Flames open for business (TSN)
- Jaromir Jagr, the Hockey Hall of Fame and an impasse with no end in sight (The Athletic – $)
An important thread about the Matt Petgrave situation. https://t.co/mcvBnP74uc— Jeff Marek (@JeffMarek) November 14, 2023
TXHT may earn an Affiliate Commission if you purchase something through Cool Hockey and Dr. Squatch ads/links in this article.