NHL News and Notes from Monday, May 22nd, 2023
- The Metropolitan Riveters announced that they have signed a pair of players.
- The Riveters signed defender Emma Seitz to a one year deal worth $72,500.
- The Riveters signed forward Lexie Adzija to a one year deal worth $60,000.
- The Boston Pride announced that they have signed defender Zoe Boyd.
- Boyd signed a one year deal.
- Carolina Hurricanes v. Florida Panthers – 8p ET – Game 3
- With the series shifting to Florida the Carolina Hurricanes look to get back into the series against the Panthers, and after a scoreless first period Sam Reinhart would strike on the powerplay for the game’s only goal to give the Panthers the 1-0 victory and the 3-0 series lead over the Hurricanes. Sergei Bobrovsky would stop all 32 Carolina shots for his first career Stanley Cup Playoff shutout.
- VGK v. DAL – 8p ET – Game 3
Noteworthy in Hockey
- What goes into planning a Stanley Cup Final? Time, creativity and ‘mostly wasted prep’ (The Athletic – $)
- 32 Thoughts Podcast: Penguin Kyle? (SportsNet)
- Ryan Reynolds has shut the door on owning the Senators (Ottawa Sun)
- South Korea-born Shin chasing dream to play in NHL (Color of Hockey)
TXHT may earn an Affiliate Commission if you purchase something through Cool Hockey and Dr. Squatch ads/links in this article.