NHL News and Notes from Friday, May 12th, 2023
- The Montreal Force announced that they have signed four more players.
- The Force re-signed forward Sarah Lefort and defender Catherine Daoust.
- The Force would also sign defender Emma Keenan and forward Theresa Schafzahl.
- Schafzahl would be the only player to sign a two year deal.
- The Boston Pride announced that they have signed forward Chloe Aurard.
- The Minnesota Whitecaps announced that they have re-signed goaltender Amanda Leveille.
- Leveille would sign a one year deal worth $62,500.
- The NHL announced the finalists for the Hart Memorial Trophy.
- Florida Panthers v. Toronto Maple Leafs – 7p ET – Game 5
- Back in Toronto for Game 5 it is do or die for the Maple Leafs as they would look to stave off elimination one more time against the Florida Panthers, and in the first period Aaron Ekblad would net his first of the playoffs and Carter Verhaghe would score his fifth of the playoffs to give the Panthers the 2-0 lead. In the second period Morgan Reilly would strike for the Leafs to get back within one. Then in the third period William Nylander would score to tie the game at two and force overtime for the Leafs. In the extra frame Nick Cousins would score to give the Panthers the 3-2 victory as they eliminate the Maple Leafs in five games and move on to the Eastern Conference Final.
- Edmonton Oilers v. Vegas Golden Knights – 10p ET – Game 5
- Back in Vegas for Game 5 the Golden Knights look to take back the series lead as the host the Edmonton Oilers, and in the first period Connor McDavid and Jack Eichel would trade goals for the Oilers and Knights respectively, but Zach Hyman’s powerplay goal would give the Oilers the 2-1 lead. In the second period Mark Stone and Reilly Smith would score goals 29 seconds apart and Nicolas Hague would score to give the Knights the 4-2 lead. Then in the third period McDavid would net his second of the game to get the Oilers back within one, but the Golden Knights would hold on for the 4-3 victory to take the 3-2 series lead.
- DAL v. SEA – 7p ET – Game 6
Noteworthy in Hockey
- 32 Thoughts Podcast: 1 Game (SportsNet)
- Soccer, Basketball, Hockey: Women Are All Fighting The Same Fight in Canada (The Hockey News)
TXHT may earn an Affiliate Commission if you purchase something through Cool Hockey and Dr. Squatch ads/links in this article.