NHL News and Notes from Tuesday, May 9th, 2023
- The Colorado Avalanche announced that forward Gabriel Landeskog will undergo surgery.
- Landeskog will undergo a cartilage transplant in his right knee.
- Landeskog is expected to miss the entire 2023-24 season, which will make it his second consecutive season missed due to his right knee.
- The NHL unveiled all 32 nominees for the King Clancy Memorial Trophy.
- The NHL announced the finalists for the Bill Masterton Memorial Trophy.
- Carolina Hurricanes v. New Jersey Devils – 7p ET – Game 4
- In New Jersey for Game 4 the Devils would look to continue their high scoring ways to tie their series with the Carolina Hurricanes, and in the first period Jack Hughes would score to open the scoring for the Devils, but Martin Necas would strike to tie the game at one for the Canes. Then in the second period the Canes would explode for five goals as Necas would net his second of the game and they would get goals from Brett Pesce, Jesper Fast, Brent Burns, and Jordan Martinook to give the Hurricanes the 6-1 victory over the Devils and the 3-1 series lead.
- Scott’s TXHT Recap – Canes Decimate the Devils in Game 4
- Dallas Stars v. Seattle Kraken – 930p ET – Game 4
- In Seattle the Kraken would look to expand their series lead over the Dallas Stars, and in the first period Jamie Benn would strike late in the period to give the Stars the 1-0 lead. In the second period Thomas Harley, Max Domi, and Joe Pavelski would strike to grow the Stars lead to four, but Jaden Schwartz would score to get the Kraken on the board and back within three. However, Roope Hintz would score in the final minute of the period to give the Stars their four goal lead back. Then in the third period Schwartz would net his second of the game and Adam Larsson would net his first of the playoffs for the Kraken, but Domi’s second of the game would give the Stars the 6-3 victory over the Kraken to tie the series at two.
- TOR v. FLA – 7p ET – Game 4
- VGK v. EDM – 10p ET – Game 4
Noteworthy in Hockey
- Tom Wilson Named Capitals Nominee For King Clancy Memorial Trophy (The Hockey News)
TXHT may earn an Affiliate Commission if you purchase something through Cool Hockey and Dr. Squatch ads/links in this article.