NHL News and Notes from Monday, May 8th, 2023
- The NHL Department of Player Safety has fined New Jersey Devils forward Tomas Tatar.
- Tatar would be fined $5,000, the maximum per the CBA, for high sticking Carolina Hurricanes forward Sebastian Aho on Sunday.
- The Chicago Blackhawks were named the winner of the 2023 Draft Lottery and thus will pick at No. 1
- The Anaheim Ducks will pick second, and the Columbus Blue Jackets will pick third.
- Vegas Golden Knights v. Edmonton Oilers – 830p ET – Game 3
- In Edmonton, both the Golden Knights and Oilers look to take the 2-1 series lead and in the first Warren Foegele nets his first of the postseason to put Edmonton up 1-0 but then Jonathan Marchessault nets a pair to put Vegas up 2-1. In the second, Zach Whitecloud scores his first, Jack Eichel nets his fifth, and then Chandler Stephenson strikes with his sixth as the Golden Knights roll to the 5-1 win over the Oilers and take the 2-1 series lead.
- CAR v. NJ – 7p ET – Game 4
- DAL v. SEA – 930p ET – Game 4
Noteworthy in Hockey
- How Connor Bedard became hockey’s next young superstar (ESPN)
- 32 Thoughts Podcast: Panther Meat (SportsNet)
- Nash enjoys success in 1st season as LIU women’s coach (Color of Hockey)
TXHT may earn an Affiliate Commission if you purchase something through Cool Hockey and Dr. Squatch ads/links in this article.