NHL News and Notes from Monday, May 1st, 2023
- The Calgary Flames announced that they have relieved head coach Darryl Sutter of his duties.
- The Washington Capitals announced that they have signed forward Ivan Miroshnichenko.
- Miroshnichenko signed a three year entry level deal which will see him earn $855,000 in the NHL and $82,500 in the AHL.
- New York Rangers v. New Jersey Devils – 8p ET – Game 7
- At the Prudential Center in Newark, NJ the New York Rangers would cross the Hudson River one last time as they face the New Jersey Devils for a pivotal Game 7, and after a scoreless first period Michael McLeod would strike shorthanded, and Tomas Tatar would score to give the Devils the 2-0 lead. Then in the third period Erik Haula and Jesper Bratt would score to give the Devils the 4-0 victory over the Rangers to take Game 7 and the 4-3 series victory to advance to the second round and take on the Carolina Hurricanes.
- Scott’s TXHT Recap – Devils Advance with Game 7 Shutout
- FLA v. TOR – 7p ET – Game 1
- SEA v. DAL – 930p ET – Game 1
Noteworthy in Hockey
- Playing for Japan in ’98 Olympics led to careers in game (Color of Hockey)
- Cheveldayoff’s words fall flat due to lack of accountability, plan for Jets’ future (SportsNet)
- Flames fire coach Darryl Sutter after 3 seasons (The Athletic – $)
- 32 Thoughts Podcast: Wow! (SportsNet)
TXHT may earn an Affiliate Commission if you purchase something through Cool Hockey and Dr. Squatch ads/links in this article.