NHL News and Notes from Sunday, April 30th, 2023
- Florida Panthers v. Boston Bruins – 630p ET – Game 7
- In Boston, it all comes down to Game 7. In the first, Florida takes the 1-0 lead when Brandon Montour scores his fourth. In the second, the Cats make it a 2-0 lead when Sam Reinhart nets his fourth but Boston gets on the board when David Krejci scores his first. In the third, Tyler Bertuzzi ties the game with his fifth and then the B’s take the lead when David Pastrnak nets his fifth. However, Brandon Montour’s second of the game ties the game for Florida. In overtime, Carter Verhaeghe’s second of postseason gives the Panthers the 4-3 win and get the 4-3 series win over the Bruins
- The Florida Panthers will faceoff against the Toronto Maple Leafs in the Second Round.
- Seattle Kraken v. Colorado Avalanche – 930p ET – Game 7
- In the Mile High City, it’s the best two words in all of hockey…Game Seven. After a scoreless first, Seattle gets two from Oliver Bjorkstrand to go up 2-0 but then Mikko Rantanen gets his seventh to bring the Avs within a goal. However, after a scoreless third, the Kraken get the 2-1 win over the Avalanche and win the series 4-3. With the Kraken win, they become the first expansion franchise to get a series win over the defending Stanley Cup champions.
- With the Seattle win, they move on to face the Dallas Stars in the second round.
- NYR v. NJ – 8p ET – Game 7
Noteworthy in Hockey
TXHT may earn an Affiliate Commission if you purchase something through Cool Hockey and Dr. Squatch ads/links in this article.