NHL News and Notes from Sunday, April 23rd, 2023
- The NHL Department of Player Safety announced that they have fined Toronto Maple Leafs forward Sam Lafferty.
- Lafferty was fined $3,108.11 for cross checking Tampa Bay Lightning forward Ross Colton on Saturday night.
- The fine is the maximum allowed under the CBA.
- Carolina Hurricanes v. New York Islanders – 1p ET – Game 4
- On Long Island the New York Islanders would look to even their series against the visiting Carolina Hurricanes, and in the first period Seth Jarvis would score to give the Canes the 1-0 lead. In the second period Martin Necas and Sebastian Aho would score to grow the Canes lead to three. Then in the third period Adam Pelech and Bo Horvat would score for the Isles, but Jarvis’ second of the game and a tally from MacKenzie MacEachern would give the Hurricanes the 5-2 victory and the 3-1 series lead over the Islanders.
- Boston Bruins v. Florida Panthers – 330p ET – Game 4
- In Florida the Boston Bruins would look to expand their series lead over the Panthers, and in the first period Brad Marchand would score to give the B’s the 1-0 lead. In the second period Jake DeBrusk would score to grow the B’s lead to two, but Matthew Tkachuk would score to get the Panthers back within one. Then in the third period Same Bennet would score for the Panthers, but a goal from Tyler Bertuzzi, DeBrusk’s second of the game, and a pair of goals from Taylor Hall would give the Bruins the 6-2 victory and 3-1 series lead over the Panthers.
- Dallas Stars v. Minnesota Wild – 630p ET – Game 4
- In Minnesota, the Wild look to take the 3-1 series lead over the Stars and after a scoreless first, Dallas gets a 1-0 lead when Tyler Seguin scores his second. In the third, Evgenii Dadonov’s third of the year puts Dallas up 2-0 and then John Klingberg’s first puts Minnesota on the board. Then, Seguin nets his second of the game to give Dallas the two goal lead but then Frederick Gaudreau nets his second. However, Dallas will escape as the Stars get the 3-2 win over the Wild and tie the series 2-2.
- Edmonton Oilers v. Los Angeles Kings – 9p ET – Game 4
- In Hollywood, the Oilers look to even their series with the Kings and in the first Los Angeles gets a trio of goals when Gabriel Vilardi nets his second, Viktor Arvidsson scores his first, and then Anze Kopitar strikes with his second. In the second, Evan Bouchard scores his second to put Edmonton on the board and then Leon Draisaitl nets a pair to even the score for the Oilers. In the third, the Kings re-take the lead when Matt Roy nets his first but Edmonton ties it up once more when Evander Kane scores his second. In overtime, Zach Hyman scores his first of the postseason as the Oilers even the series with a 5-4 win over the Kings.
- NJ v. NYR – 7p ET – Game 4
- TOR v. TB – 730p ET – Game 4
- VGK v. WIN – 930p ET – Game 4
- COL v. SEA – 10p ET – Game 4
Noteworthy in Hockey
TXHT may earn an Affiliate Commission if you purchase something through Cool Hockey and Dr. Squatch ads/links in this article.