NHL News and Notes from Saturday, April 22nd, 2023
- Vegas Golden Knights v. Winnipeg Jets – 4p ET – Game 3
- In Winnipeg the Jets would play host to the Vegas Golden Knights for Game 3, and in the first period Chandler Stephenson and Jack Eichel would score for the Knights to take the 2-0 lead, but Kyle Connor would strike to get the Jets on the board and back within one. In the second period Eichel would net his second of the game and Keegan Kolesar would score to give the Knights the 4-1 lead. Then in the third period Nino Niederreiter, Mark Scheifele, and Adam Lowry would score to tie the game at four for the Jets to force overtime. After a scoreless 20 minutes of extra hockey Michael Amadio would strike in the second overtime period to give the Golden Knights the 5-4 victory over the Jets to take the 2-1 series lead.
- Toronto Maple Leafs v. Tampa Bay Lightning – 7p ET – Game 3
- In Tampa Bay the Lightning would play host to the Toronto Maple Leafs for Game 3 of their series, and in the first period both teams would trade a pair of goals as Noel Acciari and Auston Matthews would score for the Leafs while Anthony Cirelli and Brandon Hagel would score for the Bolts for the 2-2 tie. In the second period Darren Raddysh would score to give the Bolts the 3-2 lead. Then in the third period Ryan O’Reilly would score to tie the game at three for the Leafs to force overtime. In the extra frame Morgan Rielly would score with 45 seconds left in overtime to give the Maple Leafs the 4-3 victory and 2-1 series lead over the Lightning.
- New Jersey Devils v. New York Rangers -8p ET – Game 3
- At Madison Square Garden the series between the New York Ranger and New Jersey Devils would shift over to the other side of the Hudson River, and after a scoreless first period Chris Kreider would open the scoring for the Rangers, but Jack Hughes would strike on the powerplay for the Devils to tie the game at one. Then after a scoreless third period it would be Dougie Hamilton in overtime to give the Devils the 2-1 victory and cut the Rangers series lead to one.
- Scott’s TXHT Recap – Devils Win in OT, Back in the Series
- Colorado Avalanche v. Seattle Kraken – 10p ET – Game 3
- In Seattle the Kraken would play playoff hockey at home for the first time in franchise history as they host the Colorado Avalanche for Game 3, and in the first period Jaden Schwartz would open the scoring for the Kraken, but JT Compher and Nathan MacKinnon would strike to give the Avs the 2-1 lead. In the third period Cale Makar would strike to grow the Avs lead to two, but Jamie Oleksiak and Matty Beniers would score to tie the game at three for the Kraken. Then in the third period Schwartz would net his second of the game for the Kraken, but Mikko Rantanen would score a pair of goals and MacKinnon would net his second of the game to give the Avalanche the 6-4 victory over the Kraken to take the 2-1 series lead.
- CAR v. NYI – 1p ET – Game 4
- BOS v. FLA – 330p ET – Game 4
- DAL v. MIN – 630p ET – Game 4
- EDM v. LA – 9p ET – Game 4
Noteworthy in Hockey
TXHT may earn an Affiliate Commission if you purchase something through Cool Hockey and Dr. Squatch ads/links in this article.