NHL News and Notes from Sunday, February 19th, 2023
- The New York Rangers have re-acquired F Tyler Motte from the Ottawa Senators for Julien Gauthier and a conditional 2023 seventh round pick in the NHL Entry Draft.
- Should the Rangers advance beyond the First Round of the Stanley Cup Playoffs, the pick will improve to the lower of either the Rangers or the Winnipeg Jets sixth round selection
- The Chicago Blackhawks announced that Jonathan Toews will not be traded prior to the deadline as Toews recovers from long COVID, as well as his Chronic Immune Response Syndrome
- Nashville Predators v. Minnesota Wild – 2p ET
- In Minnesota, the Wild welcome the Predators. After a scoreless first, Minnesota gets a pair of goals when Brandon Duhaime scores his fifth of the year and then Kirill Kaprizov scores his 32nd of the year but then Nashville gets on the board when Tommy Novak nets his seventh of the year. In the third, Minnesota takes back the two goal lead when Kaprizov scores his second of the game but then Nashville gets a pair of goals when Roman Josi scores his 15th and then Nino Neiderreiter scores his 15th as the Preds tie the contest 3-3. Ryan Hartman then scores the game winner with 21 second left as the Wild get the 4-3 win over the Predators.
- St. Louis Blues v. Ottawa Senators – 2p ET
- In Ottawa, the Senators welcome the Blues. In the first, Ottawa takes the 1-0 lead when Shane Pinto scores his 14th of the year. In the second, Alex DeBrincat scores his 19th to give Ottawa the 2-0 lead and then Tim Stützle scores his 25th of the year to give the Sens the 3-0 lead. Brady Tkachuk then scors his 24th of the year and then Drake Batherson nets his 17th as Ottawa takes the huge 5-0 lead. In the third, Tim Stützle scores his second of the day as the Sens take the 6-0 lead but then St. Louis responds with a pair of goals from Colton Parayko, scoring his third of the year, and Tyler Pitlick, who scores his third. Ridly Greig scores his first goal of the year as the Senators beat down the Blues and get the 7-2 win.
- Edmonton Oilers v. Colorado Avalanche – 3p ET
- In the Mile High City, the Avalanche welcome the Oilers to town. In the first, Warren Foegele scores his eighth of the year to put Edmonton up 1-0. In the second, Foegele scores his second to give Edmonton the 2-0 lead and then Leon Draisaitl’s 33rd of the year puts the Oilers up 3-0. J.T. Compher then puts the Avalanche on the board with his 11th of the year. Valeri Nichushkin’s 10th of the year brings Colorado within a goal but then Tyson Barrie’s ninth of the year gives Edmonton the two goal lead. In the third, Nathan MacKinnon’s 19th of the year brings Colorado within a goal once more but Mattias Janmark’s fifth of the year makes it a 5-3 Edmonton lead. Then, Logan O’Connor’s seventh of the year brings Colorado within a goal and then Artturi Lehkonen scores his 17th of the year to tie the contest 5-5. In overtime, Mikko Rantanen’s 36th of the year gives the Avalanche the 6-5 win over the Oilers.
- Toronto Maple Leafs v. Chicago Blackhawks – 6p ET
- In Chi Town, the Blackhawks and Maple Leafs do battle in an Original Six match-up. In the first, Chicago takes the 1-0 lead when Patrick Kane scores his 12th of the year but then Toronto ties it up when John Tavares scores his 25th of the year. In the second, Kane scores a pair to complete the hat trick but then Noel Acciari scores his 11th of the year to bring the Leafs withn a goal. In the third, Mitchell Marner’s 20th of the year ties the game for Toronto but then Cole Guttman’s first of the year gives Chicago the 4-3 lead. Max Domi then scores the game winner, his 15th of the year, as the Blackhawks get the 5-3 win over the Maple Leafs.
- Winnipeg Jets v. New Jersey Devils – 7p ET
- In the Garden State, the Devils welcome the Jets to town. In the first, Winnipeg takes the 1-0 lead when Cole Perfetti scores his eighth of the year but then Dawson Mercer scores his 14th to the game for New Jersey. Neal Pionk’s eighth of the year gives the Jets the 2-1. In the third, Fabian Zetterlund’s sixth ties the game for the Devs and then Miles Wood’s ninth of the year gives New Jersey the 3-2 lead. Then, Dawson Mercer’s second of the game gives the Devils the 4-2 win over Jets.
- Columbus Blue Jackets v. Arizona Coyotes – 830p ET
- In Tempe, the Coyotes welcome the Blue Jackets. In the first, Arizona gets a pair when Travis Boyd gets his ninth of the year and then Nick Schmaltz scores his 15th. In the second, Columbus gets on the board when Boone Jenner scores his 17th. In the third, Patrik Laine nets his 16th to tie the game for Columbus. In overtime, Barrett Hayton scores his eighth as the Coyotes get the 3-2 win over the Blue Jackets.
- ANA v. FLA – 1p ET
- OTT v. BOS – 1p ET
- SEA v. SJ – 4p ET
- PHI v. CAL – 4p ET
- NYI v. PIT – 7p ET
- WIN v. NYR – 7p ET
Noteworthy in Hockey
TXHT may earn an Affiliate Commission if you purchase something through Cool Hockey and Dr. Squatch ads/links in this article.