NHL News and Notes from Friday, January 6th, 2023
- The Seattle Kraken have assigned forward Shane Wright to the Kingston Frontenacs of the OHL.
- Nashville Predators v. Washington Capitals – 7p ET
- In Washington the Capitals would play host to the Nashville Predators, and in the first period Sonny Milano would strike for the Caps, but goals from Thomas Novak and Yakov Trenin would give the 2-1 lead. In the second period Nicolas Aube-Kubel would score to tie the game at two for the Caps. Then in the third period Ryan McDonagh would net his first as a Predator late in the period to give the Predators the 3-2 victory over the Capitals.
- Florida Panthers v. Detroit Red Wings – 7p ET
- In Detroit the Florida Panthers would come to town to take on the Red Wings, and in the first period Jonatan Berggren would score for the Wings while Gustav Forsling would strike for the Panthers for the 1-1 tie. In the second period Aaron Ekblad would score to give the Panthers the 2-1 lead. Then in the third period Robby Fabbri would strike for the Wings, but Ekblad’s second of the game would give the Panthers the 3-2 victory over the Red Wings.
- Tampa Bay Lightning v. Winnipeg Jets – 8p ET
- In Winnipeg the Jets would take on the Tampa Bay Lightning, and in the first period Anthony Cirelli would open the scoring for the Bolts, but Pierre-Luc Dubois would score to tie the game at one for the Jets. In the second period Nikita Kucherov would score to retake the lead for the Bolts, but Dubois would net his second of the game to tie the game back up for the Jets. Then in the third period Kyle Connor and Morgan Barron would score to give the Jets the 4-2 victory over the Lightning.
- Arizona Coyotes v. Chicago Blackhawks – 830p ET
- In Chicago the Blackhawks would faceoff with the Arizona Coyotes, and after a scoreless first period Jake McCabe would score to give the Blackhawks the 1-0 lead. Then in the second period Tyler Johnson would score to give the Blackhawks the 2-0 victory over the Coyotes.
- New York Islanders v. Calgary Flames – 9p ET
- In Calgary the Flames would play host to the New York Islanders, and in the first period Milan Lucic, Blake Coleman, and Nikita Zadorov would score to give the Flames the 3-0 lead, but Zach Parise would strike late in the period to get the Isles on the board. Then after a scoreless second period Nazem Kadri would net his 15th of the season to give the Flames the 4-1 victory over the Islanders.
- San Jose Sharks v. Anaheim Ducks – 10p ET
- In a California battle the Anaheim Ducks would host the San Jose Sharks, and in the first period Matt Nieto and Steven Lorentz would open the scoring for the Sharks, but goals from Trevor Zegras and Ryan Strome would tie the game at two for the Ducks. In the second period Mason McTavish would score for the Ducks, but a pair of goals from Kevin Labanc would give the Sharks the 4-3 lead. Then in the third period McTavish would net his second of the game to tie the game at four for the Ducks to force overtime. In the extra frame John Klingberg would score to give the Ducks the 5-4 victory over the Sharks.
- NYR v. NJ – 1p ET
- CAR v. CLB – 4p ET
- DET v. TOR – 7p ET
- MIN v. BUF – 7p ET
- SEA v. OTT – 7p ET
- STL v. MON – 7p ET
- LA v. VGK – 10p ET
- COL v. EDM – 10p ET
- BOS v. SJ – 1030p ET
Noteworthy in Hockey
- 32 Thoughts Podcast: Jordan Eberle (SportsNet)
- Tkachuk in ‘dream spot’ with Panthers, set for All-Star Game with Brady (NHL.com)
TXHT may earn an Affiliate Commission if you purchase something through Cool Hockey and Dr. Squatch ads/links in this article.