NHL News and Notes from Wednesday, January 4th, 2023
- The New York Rangers announced that they have signed forward Jimmy Vesey to an extension.
- Vesey signed a two year deal with an AAV of $800k per season.
- New Jersey Devils v. Detroit Red Wings – 7p ET
- In Detroit the Red Wings would play host to the New Jersey Devils, and after a scoreless first period Dougie Hamilton and Nico Hischier would both score on the powerplay to give the Devils the 2-0 lead. Then in the third period Lucas Raymond would score for the Wings, but goals from Michael McLeod, Alexander Holtz, and Jack Hughes would give the Devils the 5-1 victory over the Red Wings.
- Tampa Bay Lightning v. Minnesota Wild – 930p ET
- In Minnesota the Wild would play host to the Tampa Bay Lightning, and in the first period Joel Eriksson Ek would score to give the Wild the 1-0 lead. In the second period Brayden Point would score for the Bolts, but goals from Kirill Kaprizov, Calen Addison, and Sam Steel would give the Wild the 4-1 lead. Then in the third period Kaprizov would net his second of the game to give the Wild the 5-1 victory over the Lightning.
- Dallas Stars v. Anaheim Ducks – 10p ET
- In Anaheim the Dallas Stars would come to town to take on the Ducks, and in the first period Adam Henrique and Mason McTavish would score to give the Ducks the 2-0 victory over the Stars.
- ARI v. PHI – 7p ET
- NYR v. MON – 7p ET
- NAS v. CAR – 7p ET
- SEA v. TOR – 7p ET
- STL v. NJ – 7p ET
- WAS v. CLB – 7p ET
- NYI v. EDM – 9p ET
- COL v. VAN – 10p ET
- PIT v. VGK – 10p ET
- BOS v. LA – 1030p ET
Noteworthy in Hockey
TXHT may earn an Affiliate Commission if you purchase something through Cool Hockey and Dr. Squatch ads/links in this article.