NHL News and Notes from Friday, December 30th, 2022
- Devante Smith-Pelly announced that he has retired from professional hockey.
- Smith-Pelly won the 2018 Stanley Cup with the Washington Capitals.
- Smith-Pelly also played for Anaheim, Montreal, and New Jersey.
- Nashville Predators v. Anaheim Ducks – 5p ET
- In Anaheim for an early evening matinee the Ducks would play host to the Nashville Predators, and in the first period Colton Sissons would score to give the Preds the 1-0 lead. In the second period Sam Carrick would score to get the Ducks on the board, but goals from Yakov Trenin and Filip Forsberg would give the Preds the 3-1 lead. Then in the third period Thomas Novak, Roman Josi, and Nino Niederreiter would give the Predators the 6-1 victory over the Ducks.
- New Jersey Devils v. Pittsburgh Penguins – 7p ET
- In Pittsburgh the Penguins would host a Reverse Retro clad New Jersey Devils, and in the first period Evgeni Malkin would score to give the Pens the 1-0 lead. In the second period Jeff Carter would score for the Pens, but goals from Jack Hughes, Dougie Hamilton, and Nico Hischier would give the Devils the 3-2 lead. Then in the third period Hughes would net his second of the game to give the Devils the 4-2 victory over the Penguins.
- Florida Panthers v. Carolina Hurricanes – 730p ET
- In Carolina the Hurricanes would play host to the Florida Panthers, and in the first period Stefan Noesen would score to give the Canes the 1-0 lead. In the second period Andrei Svechnikov and Teuvo Teravainen would score to give the Canes the three goal lead. Then in the third period Jesperi Kotkaniemi would score to give the Hurricanes the 4-0 victory over the Panthers.
- Edmonton Oilers v. Seattle Kraken – 10p ET
- In Seattle the Edmonton Oilers would come to town to take on the Kraken, and in the first period Zach Hyman, Klim Kostin, and Darnell Nurse would score in the first four minutes of the game to give the Oilers a commanding 3-0 lead, and later in the period Jesse Puljujarvi would score to grow their lead to four. In the second period Daniel Sprong and Brandon Tanev would score for the Kraken, but both Kostin and Hyman would net their second goals of the game to keep the Oilers ahead by four. Then in the third period Connor McDavid would score to give the Oilers the 7-2 victory over the Kraken.
- BUF v. BOS – 1p ET
- CHI v. CLB – 1p ET
- NAS v. VGK – 3p ET
- PHI v. LA – 4p ET
- MON v. WAS – 4p ET
- ARI v. TB – 5p ET
- MIN v. STL – 6p ET
- TOR v. COL – 7p ET
- OTT v. DET – 7p ET
- SJ v. DAL – 8p ET
- VAN v. CAL – 10p ET
- WIN v. EDM – 10p ET
Noteworthy in Hockey
TXHT may earn an Affiliate Commission if you purchase something through Cool Hockey and Dr. Squatch ads/links in this article.