NHL News and Notes from Tuesday, December 20th, 2022
- Columbus Blue Jackets v. Philadelphia Flyers – 7p ET
- In Philadelphia the Flyers would play host to the Columbus Blue Jackets, and in the first period Travis Konecny would strike to give the Flyers the 1-0 lead. In the second period Kirill Marchenko and Kent Johnson would score to give the Jackets the lead, but Morgan Frost and Owen Tippett would score to put the Flyers back in the lead. Then in the third period Andrew Peeke would score for the Jackets, but both Konecny and Tippett would net their second goals of the game to give the Flyers the 5-3 victory over the Blue Jackets.
- New York Rangers v. Pittsburgh Penguins – 7p ET
- In Pittsburgh the Penguins would go to battle with the New York Rangers, and in the first period Chris Kreider would score 22 seconds into the game to give the Rangers the 1-0 lead. In the second period Evgeni Malkin and Bryan Rust would score to give the Pens the 2-1 lead. Then in the third period Kreider would net his second of the game for the Rangers, but Sidney Crosby would score to give the Penguins the 3-2 victory over the Rangers.
- New Jersey Devils v. Carolina Hurricanes – 7p ET
- In Carolina the New Jersey Devils would come to town to take on the Hurricanes, and in the first period Jesperi Kotkaniemi would score to give the Canes the 1-0 lead. In the second period Jordan Staal and Teuvo Teravainen would score to grow the Canes lead to three. Then in the third period Jack Hughes would score for the Devils, but Stefan Noesen would score to give the Hurricanes the 4-1 victory over the Devils.
- Tampa Bay Lightning v. Toronto Maple Leafs – 7p ET
- In Toronto the Maple Leafs would take on the Tampa Bay Lightning, and in the first period Michael Bunting would score to give the Leafs the 1-0 lead. In the second period Auston Matthews would score to grow the Leafs lead to two. Then in the third period Vladislav Namestnikov would strike for the Bolts, but goals from Pierre Engvall and William Nylander would give the Maple Leafs the 4-1 victory over the Lightning.
- Ottawa Senators v. Winnipeg Jets – 8p ET
- In Winnipeg the Ottawa Senators would take on the Jets, and in the first period Drake Batherson would score for the Sens, but goals from Kevin Stenlund, Josh Morrissey, and Sam Gagner would give the Jets the 3-1 lead. Then in the second period Kyle Connor would net a pair of goals to give the Jets the 5-1 victory over the Senators.
- St. Louis Blues v. Seattle Kraken – 10p ET
- In Seattle the Kraken would face off with the St. Louis Blues, and in the first period Ryan Donato would score to give the Kraken the 1-0 lead. In the second period Carson Soucy, Daniel Sprong, and Jared McCann would score to grow the Kraken’s lead to four. Then in the third period Colton Parayko and Pavel Buchnevich would score for the Blues, but Branden Tanev would score to give the Kraken the 5-2 victory over the Blues.
- Anaheim Ducks v. Los Angeles Kings – 1030p ET
- In the Battle of Hollywood the Los Angeles Kings would play host to the Anaheim Ducks, and after a scoreless first period Frank Vatrano would score for the Ducks, but goals from Drew Doughty and Alex Iafallo would give the Kings the 2-1 lead. Then in the third period Viktor Arvidsson and Kevin Fiala would score to give the Kings the 4-1 victory over the Ducks.
- Calgary Flames v. San Jose Sharks – 1030p ET
- In San Jose the Calgary Flames would come to town to take on the Sharks, and in the first period Tyler Tofolli and Dillon Dube would score in the first thirty seconds of the game to give the Flames the 2-0 lead, but later in the period Nico Sturm would score for the Sharks to get them back within one. In the second period Trevor Lewis would score to retake the two goal lead for the Flames, but Alexander Barabanov would score to get the Sharks back within one. Then in the third period Timo Meier would score to tie the game at three for the Sharks, but Nazem Kadri would net a pair of goals, Tofolli would net his second of the game, and Milan Lucic would score to give the Flames the 7-3 victory over the Sharks.
- NJ v. FLA – 7p ET
- TB v. DET – 7p ET
- MON v. COL – 8p ET
- NAS v. CHI – 830p ET
- EDM v. DAL – 930p ET
- ARI v. VGK – 10p ET
- MIN v. ANA – 10p ET
Noteworthy in Hockey
- Is Phil Kessel’s ironman streak in jeopardy with Golden Knights? (The Athletic – $)
- Insider Trading: Canucks expect trade chatter to intensify early in 2023 (TSN)
- Mark and Marty Howe address the media from Capital One Arena as Alex Ovechkin sits on the verge of breaking Gordie Howe’s goals scored record. (NHL.com)
TXHT may earn an Affiliate Commission if you purchase something through Cool Hockey and Dr. Squatch ads/links in this article.