NHL News and Notes from Wednesday, November 30th, 2022
- The Pittsburgh Penguins announced that defenseman Kris Letang will be out indefinitely.
- Letang suffered a stroke on Monday, but is not experiencing any lasting effects.
- This is the second stroke Letang has suffered, with the first one happening 8 years ago.
- Letang will be going over a series of tests over the next week.
- Tampa Bay Lightning forward Pat Marron is taking the harsh words of Boston Bruins play by play commentator Jack Edwards, and turning it into a positive as he has donated $2,000 to Tampa Bay Thrives.
- Tampa Bay Thrives is a nonprofit that assists those that are struggling with mental health and substance use issues.
- Buffalo Sabres v. Detroit Red Wings – 7p ET
- In Detroit the Red Wings would go to battle with the Buffalo Sabres, and in the first period Jonatan would open the scoring for the Wings, but goals from Dylan Cozens and Mattias Samuelsson would give the Sabres the 2-1 lead. In the second period Cozens would net his second of the game and Jeff Skinner would score to grow the Sabres lead to three. Then in the the third period David Perron would strike and Oskar Sundqvist would score a pair of goals for the Wings to tie the game at four. After a scoreless overtime period it would be Jack Quinn in the shootout to give the Sabres the 5-4 victory over the Red Wings.
- New York Rangers v. Ottawa Senators – 7p ET
- In Ottawa the New York Rangers would come to town to take on the Senators who would be donning their Reverse Retro jerseys for the first time, and in the first period Jimmy Vesey would score to give the Rangers the 1-0 lead. In the second period Barclay Goodrow would score to grow the Rangers lead to two, but Shane Pinto would score to get the Sens on the board and back within one. Then in the third period Chris Kreider would score to give the Rangers the 3-1 victory over the Senators.
- San Jose Sharks v. Toronto Maple Leafs – 7p ET
- In Toronto the Maple Leafs would host the San Jose Sharks, and after a scoreless first period Matt Nieto would open the scoring for the Sharks, but Auston Matthews would score to tie the game at one for the Leafs. Then in the third period Pierre Engvall and Mitch Marner would score to give the Maple Leafs the 3-1 victory over the Sharks.
- Edmonton Oilers v. Chicago Blackhawks – 930p ET
- In Chicago the Blackhawks would take on the Edmonton Oilers, and after scoreless first period Leon Draisaitl and Ryan Nugent-Hopkins would open the scoring for the Oilers to take the 2-0 lead, but Boris Katchouk would score for the Blackhawks to get them on the board and back within one. Then in the third period Max Domi would net a pair of goals and MacKenzie Entwistle would score for the Blackhawks, but Draisaitl’s second of the game and tallies from Connor McDavid and Mattias Janmark would give the Oilers the 5-4 victory over the Blackhawks.
- COL v. BUF – 7p ET
- NAS v. NJ – 7p ET
- TB v. PHI – 7p ET
- VGK v. PIT – 7p ET
- CAR v. STL – 8p ET
- EDM v. MIN – 8p ET
- ANA v. DAL – 830p ET
- MON v. CAL – 9p ET
- FLA v. VAN – 10p ET
- WAS v. SEA – 10p ET
- ARI v. LA – 1030p ET
Noteworthy in Hockey
- 32 Thoughts Blog: All eyes on Blackhawks’ Kane, Toews heading into new year (SportsNet)
TXHT may earn an Affiliate Commission if you purchase something through Cool Hockey and Dr. Squatch ads/links in this article.