NHL News and Notes from Sunday, October 30th, 2022
- Columbus Blue Jackets v. New Jersey Devils – 2p ET
- In New Jersey, the Blue Jackets take on the Devils. In the first period, Fabian Zetterlund strikes with his first goal on the year to give the Devils the 1-0 lead. In the second, New Jersey gets a pair of goals when Nico Hischier nets his fourth of the year and Ryan Graves scores his first of the season make this a 3-0 Jersey lead. Columbus gets on the board when Yegor Chinakhov gets his second of the year, but New Jersey re-takes the three goal lead when John Marino scores his first of the season. In the third, Jonas Siegenthaler scores a power play goal, his first goal of the season, as the Devils make this a 5-1 lead and then Jesper Bratt strikes with his fourth of the year to give New Jersey the five goal lead. Miles Wood’s second goal of the season puts an end to this contest as the Devils demolish the Blue Jackets 7-1.
- Minnesota Wild v. Chicago Blackhawks – 7p ET
- In Chicago, the Wild look to down their division rivals. In the first, Chicago takes the 1-0 lead with Jake McCabb’s first of the season but then Minnesota ties it up when Matt Boldy strikes with his fourth of the year. Minnesota then takes hold of the lead when Mason Shaw strikes with his first career NHL goal. In the second, Chicago ties the contest up after Jonathan Toews scores his fifth of the season. In the third, Chicago takes their first lead of the game with Andres Atahansiou’s third goal of the season but then Matt Boldy’s second of the year ties it up at 3-3. After a scoreless overtime, Frederick Gaudreau’s goal in the third round of the shootout gives the Wild the 4-3 win over the Blackhawks.
- New York Rangers v. Arizona Coyotes – 8p ET
- In the Desert, the Coyotes look to get their first win at home on the season. After a scoreless first, Alexis Lafrenière’s second goal of the season give the Rangers the 1-0 lead but then Arizona ties it up with Lawson Crouse’s third of the season, scoring on the man advantage. Nick Bjugstad’s first of the season give the ‘Yotes the lead but then Artemi Panarin’s fifth of the year makes this a 2-2 game. Late in the third, Mika Zibanejad’s sixth of the year, a power play goal, gives the Rangers the 3-2 win over the Coyotes.
- Toronto Maple Leafs v. Anaheim Ducks – 8p ET
- In Anaheim, the Ducks look to put an end to their seven game skid. In the first, Auston Matthews gives Toronto the 1-0 lead with a power play goal, his third of the season, but then Anaheim gets on the board with Jakob Silfverberg’s third of the season. Toronto goes on to re-take the lead when Denis Malgin scores his second of the year. Calle Jarnkrok scores a shorthaned goal early in the third, his second goal of the year, to give Toronto the two goal lead. Anaheim then ties it up with a pair of goals from Trevor Zegras, scoring his fifth of the year, and Dmitry Kulikov, scoring his first of the season. In overtime, Trevor Zegras’ second of the night gives the Ducks the 4-3 win over the Maple Leafs.
- Winnipeg Jets v. Vegas Golden Knights – 8p ET
- In Sin City, Vegas looks to ground the Jets. After a scoreless first and second period, Adam Lowry’s second goal of the season gives the Jets the 1-0 lead but then Mark Stone’s third goal of the year ties it up for Vegas. In the overtime frame, Jack Eichel’s fourth of the year gives the Golden Knights the 2-1 win over the Jets.
- DET v. BUF – 7p
- WAS v. CAR – 7p ET
- LA v. STL – 8p ET
Noteworthy in Hockey
TXHT may earn an Affiliate Commission if you purchase something through Cool Hockey and Dr. Squatch ads/links in this article.