NHL News and Notes from Tuesday, October 25th, 2022
- Arizona Coyotes v. Columbus Blue Jackets – 7p ET
- In Columbus the Blue Jackets would take on the Arizona Coyotes, and in the first period Shayne Gostisbehere and Zack Kassian would score to give the Yotes the 2-0 lead. In the second period Gostisbehere would net his second of the game and Dylan Guenther would strike to grow the Yotes lead to four. Then in the third period Johnny Gaudreau, Kent Johnson, and Andrew Peeke would score for the Jackets, but goals from Jack McBain and Lawson Crouse would give the Coyotes the 6-3 victory over the Blue Jackets.
- Colorado Avalanche v. New York Rangers – 7p ET
- At Madison Square Garden the New York Rangers would host the Colorado Avalanche, and in the first period Valeri Nichushkin would score for the Avs to take the 1-0 lead. In the second period Barclay Goodrow would score to tie the game at one for the Rangers. Then in the third period Logan O’Connor would score to give the Avs the 2-1 lead, but Adam Fox would score to tie the game at two for the Rangers to force overtime. After a scoreless five minutes of extra hockey it would be Evan Rodrigues in the shootout with the winner to give the Avalanche the 3-2 victory over the Rangers.
- Dallas Stars v. Boston Bruins – 7p ET
- In Boston the Dallas Stars would come to town to take on the Bruins, and in the first period David Pastrnak would open the scoring for the B’s to take the 1-0 lead. In the second period Wyatt Johnston would score to tie the game for the Stars, but Taylor Hall would score to retake the one goal lead for the B’s. Then in the third period Patrice Bergeron would seal the deal as the Bruins would go on to defeat the Stars 3-1.
- Minnesota Wild v. Montreal Canadiens – 7p ET
- In Montreal the Canadiens would play host to the Minnesota Wild, and in the first period Joel Eriksson Ek would score to give the Wild the 1-0 lead. In the second period Cole Caufield would score to tie the game for the Habs, but Brandon Duhaime would score to regain the lead for the Wild. Then in the third period Eriksson Ek would net his second of the game to give the Wild the 3-1 victory over the Canadiens.
- New Jersey Devils v. Detroit Red Wings – 730p ET
- In Detroit the Red Wings would take on the New Jersey Devils, and in the first period Dylan Larkin would score for the Wings, but goals from Dawson Mercer and Jack Hughes would give the Devils the 2-1 lead. In the second period Jesper Bratt and Yegor Sharangovich would strike on the special teams to grow the Devils lead to three. Then in the third period Dominik Kubalik would score for the Wings, but Nico Hischier and Bratt’s second of the game would give the Devils the 6-2 victory over the Red Wings.
- Florida Panthers v. Chicago Blackhawks – 8p ET
- In Chicago the Blackhawks would host the Florida Panthers, and in the first period Taylor Raddysh and Patrick Kane would both score to give the Blackhawks the 2-0 lead. In the second period Philipp Kurashev would score to grow the Blackhawks lead to three. Then in the third period Eetu Luostarinen and Matthew Tkachuk would score for the Panthers, but Jonathan Toews would score to give the Blackhawks the 4-2 victory over the Panthers.
- Pittsburgh Penguins v. Calgary Flames – 9p ET
- In Calgary the Pittsburgh Penguins would come to town as they would look to put out the Flames, and in the first period Nazem Kadri would net a pair of goals to give the Flames the 2-0 lead. In the second period Jonathan Huberdeau would net his first goal as a Flame to grow their lead to three, but Evgeni Malkin would score to get the Pens on the board and cut their deficit back to two. However, Michael Stone would score for the Flames to retake their three goal lead and defeat the Penguins 4-1.
- Buffalo Sabres v. Seattle Kraken – 10p ET
- In Seattle the Kraken would take on the Buffalo Sabres, and in the first period Jamie Oleksiak and Morgan Geekie would score their first goals of the season to give the Kraken the 2-0 lead. In the second period Daniel Sprong would score his first of the season for the Kraken to grow their lead to three, but Dylan Cozens would score to get the Sabres on the board and cut their deficit to two. However, Jared McCann would strike to retake the three goal lead for the Kraken. Then in the third period Matty Beniers would score on the powerplay to give the Kraken the 5-1 victory over the Sabres.
- Tampa Bay Lightning v. Los Angeles Kings – 1030p ET
- Out in Hollywood the Los Angeles Kings would host the Tampa Bay Lightning, and in the first period Phillip Danault would net his fourth of the season to give the Kings the 1-0 lead, but Brandon Hagel would score to tie the game at one for the Bolts. In the second period Gabriel Vilardi and Blake Lizotte would score to give teh Kings the 3-1 lead. Then in the third period Nikita Kucherov would net his first of the season for the Bolts, but Adrian Kempe’s fifth of the season would give the Kings the 4-2 victory over the Lightning.
- Vegas Golden Knights v. San Jose Sharks – 1030p ET
- In San Jose Phil Kessel would become the new ironman of the NHL with his 990th consecutive regular season game as the Vegas Golden Knights take on the Sharks, and in the first period Kessel would net his first as a Knight and 400th career NHL goal to give the Knights the 1-0 lead. In the second period Nico Sturm and Matt Nieto would score to give the Sharks the 2-1 lead. But in the third period the Knights would get goals from Shea Theodore, William Karlsson, and Mark Stone to give the Golden Knights the 4-2 victory over the Sharks.
- NYR v. NYI – 730p ET
- EDM v. STL – 8p ET
- TB v. ANA – 10p ET
Noteworthy in Hockey
- ‘He never drank water’: The hard work and humour behind Kessel’s iron man record (SportsNet)
- Insider Trading: Canucks believe it’s ‘too early’ to make significant changes (TSN)
TXHT may earn an Affiliate Commission if you purchase something through Cool Hockey and Dr. Squatch ads/links in this article.