NHL News and Notes from Sunday, October 23rd, 2022
- Seattle Kraken v. Chicago Blackhawks – 2p ET
- In Chicago the Blackhawks would host the Seattle Kraken for an early afternoon matinee, and in the first period Jared McCann and Andre Burakovsky would score to give the Kraken the 2-0 lead, but goals from Jujhar Khaira and Tyler Johnson would tie the game at two for the Blackhawks. In the third period Max Domi would score on the powerplay for the Blackhawks, but goals from Matty Beniers and Vince Dunn would give the Kraken the 4-3 lead. Then in the third period Johnson would net his second of the game and Jason Dickinson would score to give the Blackhawks the 5-4 victory over the Kraken.
- Anaheim Ducks v. Detroit Red Wings – 5p ET
- In Detroit the Red Wings would take on the Anaheim Ducks, and in the first period Trevor Zegras would score for the Ducks, but goals from Dylan Larkin and David Perron would give the Wings the 2-1 lead. In the second period Joe Veleno would strike to grow the Wings lead to two. Then in the third period Dominik Kubalik and Elmer Soderblom would score to give the Red Wings the 5-1 victory over the Ducks.
- Columbus Blue Jackets v. New York Rangers – 5p ET
- At Madison Square Garden the New York Rangers would take on the Columbus Blue Jackets, and in the first period Zach Werenski would score to give the Jackets the 1-0 lead. In the second period Andrew Peeke and Yegor Chinakhov would score to grow the Jackets lead to three, but late in the period Artemi Panarin would score to get the Rangers on the board to cut their deficit to two. Then in the third period Eric Robinson and Kent Johnson would score to give the Blue Jackets the 5-1 victory over the Rangers.
- New York Islanders v. Florida Panthers – 5p ET
- In Florida the New York Islanders would come to town to take on the Panthers, and in the first period Anton Lundell and Eetu Luostarinen would score to give the Panthers the 2-0 lead. In the second period Anders Lee would score for the Isles to cut their deficit to one. Then in the third period Lee would net his second goal of the game, but a goal from Ryan Lomberg would give the Panthers the 3-2 victory over the Islanders.
- San Jose Sharks v. Philadelphia Flyers – 7p ET
- In Philadelphia the Flyers would host the San Jose Sharks to close out Sunday’s action, and after a scoreless first period the Sharks would get on the board first with an Erik Karlsson tally for the 1-0 lead, and then later in the period Steven Lorentz would net his first as a Shark to grow their lead to two. Then in the third period the Nico Sturm would score to give the Sharks the 3-0 victory over the Flyers.
- DAL v. OTT – 7p ET
- WAS v. NJ – 7p ET
- PIT v. EDM – 8p ET
- STL v. WIN – 8p ET
- TOR v. VGK – 10p ET
- CAR v. VAN – 1030p ET
Noteworthy in Hockey
- ‘Totally embarrassing’: Canucks reach desperate lows as jerseys hit ice in home opener (SportsNet)
TXHT may earn an Affiliate Commission if you purchase something through Cool Hockey and Dr. Squatch ads/links in this article.