NHL News and Notes from Wednesday, June 22nd, 2022
- The Florida Panthers have named Paul Maurice as their new head coach.
- Maurice replaces interim head coach Andrew Brunette, who took the Panthers to the Playoffs and take the President’s Trophy as the best team during the Regular Season.
- Maurice previously coached in Hartford/Carolina, Toronto, and Winnipeg.
- Colorado Avalanche v. Tampa Bay Lightning – 8p ET – Game 4
- In game 4 of the Stanley Cup Final the Tampa Bay Lightning would look to even the series at home against the Colorado Avalanche, and in the first period the Bolts would strike first as Anthony Cirelli would score 36 seconds into the game for the 1-0 lead. In the second period Nathan MacKinnon would score to tie the game at one for the Avs, but Victor Hedman would score to retake the one goal lead fort he Bolts. Then in the third period Andrew Cogliano would strike early in the period to tie the game at two to force overtime. In overtime the Avs would force the play against the Bolts, and it would be Nazem Kadri who would score to give the Avalanche the 3-2 victory and the 3-1 series lead over the Lightning.
- Shaggy’s TXHT Recap – Kadri Scores OT Winner In First Game Back
Noteworthy in Hockey
TXHT may earn an Affiliate Commission if you purchase something through Cool Hockey ads/links in this article.