NHL News and Notes from Wednesday, June 15th, 2022
- The Ottawa Senators re-signed forward Dylan Gambrell to a one year deal.
- The Columbus Blue Jackets re-signed goaltender Daniil Tarasov to a three year deal.
- Tampa Bay Lightning v. Colorado Avalanche – 8p ET – Game 1
- In Colorado for Game 1 of the Stanley Cup Final the Avalanche would look to use home ice to their advantage against the defending champion Tampa Bay Lightning, and in the first period Nicolas Paul would strike for the Bolts, but goals from Gabriel Landeskog, Valeri Nichushkin, and Artturi Lehkonen would give the Avs the 3-1 lead. In the second period Ondrej Palat and Mikhail Sergachev would strike to tie the game at three for the Lightning. Then after a scoreless third period it would be Andre Burakovsky with the overtime winner just 1:23 into the extra frame to give the Avalanche the 4-3 victory over the Lightning to take Game 1.
- Shaggy’s TXHT Recap – Avalanche Take Game 1 In OT Thriller
Noteworthy in Hockey
- Pride Month spotlight: Kraken practice rink set to host tournament (Color of Hockey)
- How the Avalanche finally landed Artturi Lehkonen from the Canadiens (The Athletic – $)
TXHT may earn an Affiliate Commission if you purchase something through Cool Hockey ads/links in this article.