NHL News and Notes from Wednesday, May 25th, 2022
- The Washington Capitals announced that forward Tom Wilson had successful surgery.
- Wilson had a surgical procedure on his left knee to reconstruct his torn ACL.
- Wilson is expected to miss 6-8 months.
- St. Louis Blues v. Colorado Avalanche – 8p ET – Game 5
- In Colorado the Avalanche would look to finish off the St. Louis Blues, and in the first period Nathan MacKinnon would score a pair of goals to give the Avs the 2-0 lead. In the second period Gabriel Landeskog would score to grow the Avs lead to three, but Vladimir Tarasenko would score to get the Blues on the board and back within two. Then in the third period MacKinnon would complete the hat trick for the Avs, but Robert Thomas would net a pair of goals and Justin Faulk would score to tie the game at four to force overtime for the Blues. In the extra frame Tyler Bozak would score to give the Blues the 5-4 comeback victory over the Avalanche to force Game 6 on Friday.
- Michael’s TXHT Recap – Blues OT Comeback Forces Game 6
- NYR v. CAR – 7p ET – Game 5
- EDM v. CAL – 930p ET – Game 5
Noteworthy in Hockey
- 32 Thoughts Podcast: A Sweep And Some Tension (SportsNet)
TXHT may earn an Affiliate Commission if you purchase something through Cool Hockey ads/links in this article.