NHL News and Notes from Tuesday, May 17th, 2022
- Tampa Bay Lightning v. Florida Panthers – 7p ET – Game 1
- In Sunrise, FL the Florida Panthers and Tampa Bay Lightning would renew their rivalry as they open a new chapter in their Battle of Florida, and in the first period Anthony Duclair would score to give the Panthers the 1-0 lead. In the second period Corey Perry would strike on the powerplay to tie the game at one for the Bolts. Then in the third period Pierre-Edouard Bellemare, Nikita Kucherov, and Ross Colton would all score to give the Lightning the 4-1 victory to take Game 1 of the series.
- Shaggy’s TXHT Recap – Lightning Strikes First
- St. Louis Blues v. Colorado Avalanche – 930p ET – Game 1
- In Colorado the Avalanche would take on the St. Louis Blues in Game 1 of their second round series, and in the first period Ryan O’Reilly would open the scoring for the Blues to take the 1-0 lead. In the second period Valeri Nichushkin and Samuel Girard would strike for the Avs to take a 2-1 lead. Then in the third period Jordan Kyrou would score a late powerplay tally to tie the game at two for the Blues to force overtime. In the extra frame Josh Manson would strike to give the Avalanche the 1-0 series lead as they would take Game 1 3-2 in overtime over the Blues.
- NYR v. CAR – 7p ET – Game 1
- EDM v. CAL – 930p ET – Game 1
Noteworthy in Hockey
- 32 Thoughts Blog: Maple Leafs fallout and off-season questions around the league (SportsNet)
- Coyotes’ agreement with ASU includes ‘good behavior’ clause for team, its owner (The Athletic – $)
TXHT may earn an Affiliate Commission if you purchase something through Cool Hockey ads/links in this article.