NHL News and Notes from Sunday, May 8th, 2022
- The NHL Department of Player Safety would hand out a pair of fines.
- Washington Capitals forward Evgeny Kuznetsov would be fined $5,000 for high sticking Florida Panthers forward Noel Acciari in Game 3 on Saturday.
- Dallas Stars forward Jamie Benn would also be fined $5,000 for high sticking Calgary Flames forward Andrew Mangiapane in Game 3 on Saturday.
- The fines are the maximum allowed under the CBA.
- Carolina Hurricanes v. Boston Bruins – 1230p ET – Game 4
- Back in Boston for Game 4 the Bruins would look to even up the series against the Carolina Hurricanes, and in the first period Brett Pesce would strike for the Canes while Patrice Bergeron would score for the B’s for the 1-1 tie. In the second period Jordan Staal would score for the Canes, but Jake DeBrusk would score to keep the game tied after forty minutes of action. Then in the third period Brad Marchand would net a pair of goals while David Pastrnak would score to give the Bruins the 5-2 victory over the Hurricanes to ties the series at two.
- Michael’s TXHT Recap – Bruins Even Series at Home
- Minnesota Wild v. St. Louis Blues – 430p ET – Game 4
- In Game 4 the St. Louis Blues would look to halt the Minnesota Wild’s two game winning streak and even the series at two at home. In the first period Kirill Kaprizov would score for the Wild and Jordan Kyrou would strike for the Blues for the 1-1 tie. In the second period David Perron would score and Kyrou would net his second of the game to give the Blues the 3-1 lead. Then in the third period Matt Boldy would score for the Wild, but Perron’s second of the game and a tally from Ryan O’Reilly would give the Blues the 5-2 victory over the Wild to tie the series at two.
- Toronto Maple Leafs v. Tampa Bay Lightning – 7p ET – Game 4
- In Tampa Bay the Lightning look to even the series at two against the Toronto Maple Leafs, and in the first period the Bolts would strike fast and often as Steven Stamkos, Pierre-Edouard Bellemare, and Pat Maroon would score to give the Bolts the 3-0 lead. In the second period Ross Colton and Corey Perry would score to grow the Bolts lead to five. Then in the third period William Nylander would score a pair of goals and Jake Muzzin would score for the Leafs, but goals from Ondrej Palat and Ross Colton would give the Lightning the 7-3 victory over the Maple Leafs to tie the series at two.
- Shaggy’s TXHT Recap – Lightning Zap Leafs, Series Tied
- Edmonton Oilers v. Los Angeles Kings – 10p ET – Game 4
- I Los Angeles the Kings look to draw even as they host the Edmonton Oilers, an in the first period Trevor Moore and Troy Stetcher would strike for the Kings to take the 2-0 lead. Then after a scoreless second period Carl Grundstrom would score a pair of goals to give the Kings the 4-0 victory to tie their series at two with the Oilers.
- FLA v. WAS – 7p ET – Game 4
- NYR v. PIT – 7p ET – Game 4
- COL v. NAS – 930p ET – Game 4
- CAL v. DAL – 930p ET – Game 4
Noteworthy in Hockey
TXHT may earn an Affiliate Commission if you purchase something through Cool Hockey ads/links in this article.