NHL News and Notes from Wednesday, April 20th, 2022
- Dallas Stars v. Edmonton Oilers – 830p ET
- In Edmonton the Oilers would take on the Dallas Stars, and in the first period Evander Kane and Derek Ryan would score to give the Oilers the 2-0 lead, but Jason Robertson would score to get the Stars on the board. In the second period Roope Hintz would tie the game at two for the Stars, but Zach Hyman would score to give the Oilers their one goal lead back and Jesse Puljujarvi would score to grow the Oilers lead to two. In the third, Connor McDavid scores an empty net goal to give the Oilers the 5-2 win over the Stars.
- Chicago Blackhawks v. Arizona Coyotes – 10p ET
- In Arizona the Coyotes would battle the Chicago Blackhawks, and in the first period Jake McCabe and Dominik Kubalik would score to give the Blackhawks the 2-0 lead. In the second, Arizona gets on the board when Barrett Hayton nets his ninth of the year, but then Chicago re-takers the two goal lead when Alex Vlasic nets his first career NHL goal. In the third, Arizona gets a pair of goals from Nathan Smith and Anton Stralman to tie the game at 3-3. In overtime, Alex DeBrincat nets his 40th of the year to give the Blackhawks the 4-3 win over the Coyotes.
- Washington Capitals v. Vegas Golden Knights – 10p ET
- In Vegas the Golden Knights would look to remain undefeated against the Washington Capitals in regular season play at home, and in the first period Evgeny Kuznetsov would score to give the Caps the 1-0 lead, but Alec Martinez would score to tie the game at one for the Knights. In the second, Alex Ovechkin scores his 49th to give the Capitals the 2-1 lead. In the third, Evgenii Dadonov ties the game with his 20th of the year and then Chandler Stephenson nets his 19th to give Vegas the 3-2 lead. Washington then ties the game when Alex Ovechkin nets his second of the night. In overtime, Shea Theodore nets the game winner to give the Golden Knights the 4-3 win over the Capitals.
- Colorado Avalanche v. Seattle Kraken – 10p ET
- In Seattle the Kraken would take on the Colorado Avalanche, and in the first period Cale Makar would score for the Avs, but Kole Lind, Jordan Eberle, and Yanni Gourde would score to give the Kraken the 3-1 lead. In the third, Artturi Lehkonen nets his 17th for the Avs but that is not enough as Seattle escapes with the 3-2 win over Colorado.
- PHI v. MON – 7p ET
- DET v. FLA – 7p ET
- BUF v. NJ – 7p ET
- BOS v. PIT – 7p ET
- WIN v. CAR – 7p ET
- NYR v. NYI – 730p ET
- VAN v. MIN – 8p ET
- TOR v. TB – 8p ET
- DAL v. CAL – 9p ET
- CHI v. LA – 1030p ET
- STL v. SJ – 1030p ET
Noteworthy in Hockey
TXHT may earn an Affiliate Commission if you purchase something through Cool Hockey ads/links in this article.