NHL News and Notes from Wednesday, April 13th, 2022
- The NHL Department of Player Safety announced that they have fined Minnesota Wild forward Ryan Hartman.
- Hartman was fined $4,250 for unsportsmanlike conduct as he flipped off Edmonton Oilers forward Evander Kane on Tuesday night.
- The fine is the maximum allowed under the CBA.
- New York Rangers v. Philadelphia Flyers – 7p ET
- In Philadelphia the lowly Flyers would host the New York Rangers, and in the first period Kaapo Kakko would score to give the Rangers the 1-0 lead. In the second period Kakko would net his second of the game and Artemi Panarin would strike to grow the Rangers lead to three. Then in the third period Andrew Copp would score to give the Rangers the 4-0 victory over the Flyers.
- Montreal Canadiens v. Columbus Blue Jackets – 7p ET
- In Columbus the Blue Jackets would take on the Montreal Canadiens, and in the first period Jack Roslovic would score to give the Jackets the 1-0 lead. In the second period Ryan Poehling would score for the Habs, but Roslovic would net his second of the game and Patrik Laine would score to give the Jackets the 3-1 lead. Then in the third period Cole Sillinger and Emil Bemstrom would score to give the Blue Jackets the 5-1 victory over the Canadiens.
- Seattle Kraken v. Winnipeg Jets – Postponed
- Los Angeles Kings v. Colorado Avalanche – 930p ET
- In Colorado the Avalanche would play host to the Los Angeles Kings, and in the first period Nicolas Aube-Kubel would score a pair of goals and both Valeri Nichushkin and Nathan MacKinnon would score to give the Avs the 4-0 lead. In the second, Adrian Kempe and Alex Iafallo score to bring the Kings within a pair of goals but Colorado re-takes the four goal lead when Andre Burakovsky and Cale Makar score. In the third, the Avalanche take the 7-2 lead when Nathan MacKinnon adds his second of the night and then Valeri Nichushkin gets his second of the night to take the 8-2 lead. Colorado then makes it a 9-2 lead when Nathan MacKinnon completes the hat trick and then Phillip Danault scores but the Avalanche breeze by the Kings with the 9-3 win.
- OTT v. BOS – 7p ET
- STL v. BUF – 7p ET
- WAS v. TOR – 7p ET
- ANA v. TB – 7p ET
- NYI v. PIT – 7p ET
- DET v. CAR – 7p ET
- EDM v. NAS – 8p ET
- MIN v. DAL – 8p ET
- SJ v. CHI – 830p ET
- NJ v. COL – 9p ET
- VGK v. CAL – 9p ET
- ARI v. VAN – 10p ET
Noteworthy in Hockey
- The Owen Power Era is Alive in Buffalo (The Hockey News)
TXHT may earn an Affiliate Commission if you purchase something through Cool Hockey ads/links in this article.