NHL News and Notes from Saturday, March 26th, 2022
- New York Islanders v. Boston Bruins – 1230p ET
- In Boston the Bruins would host the New York Islanders, and in the first period Brock Nelson would score for the Isles, but goals from Craig Smith and Taylor Hall would score for the B’s to take the 2-1 lead. In the second period Anders Lee would score for the Isles, but David Pastrnak, Brad Marchand, Erik Haula, and Jake DeBrusk would score to give the Bruins a dominating 6-2 lead. Then in the third period Zach Parise would score for the Isles, but it would not be enough as the Bruins would hold on for the 6-3 victory over the Islanders.
- Tampa Bay Lightning v. Detroit Red Wings – 1230p ET
- In Detroit the Red Wings would host the Tampa Bay Lightning, and after a scoreless forty minutes of action Oskar Sunqvist would strike for the Wings and Steven Stamkos would score for the Bolts for the 1-1 tie. Then in overtime Brayden Point would strike to give the Lightning the 2-1 victory over the Red Wings.
- Chicago Blackhawks v. Vegas Golden Knights – 3p ET
- In Vegas the Golden Knights would take on the Chicago Blackhawks, and in the first period Dominik Kubalik would score to give the Blackhawks the 1-0 lead. In the second period Jonathan Toews and Dylan Strome would score to grow the Blackhawks lead to three. Then in the third period Alex DeBrincat would score for the Blackhawks, but goals from Chandler Stephenson, William Karlsson, Jack Eichel, and Alex Pietrangelo would tie the game at four for the Knights. In overtime Evgenii Dadonov would score to give the Golden Knights the 5-4 victory over the Blackhawks.
- Vancouver Canucks v. Dallas Stars – 7p ET
- In Dallas the Stars would battle the Vancouver Canucks, and after a scoreless first period Jacob Peterson would score for the Stars and Elias Pettersson would strike for the Canucks for the 1-1 tie. Then in the third period Pettersson would net his second of the game plus Bo Horvat and JT Miller would score to give the Canucks the 4-1 victory over the Stars.
- Toronto Maple Leafs v. Montreal Canadiens – 7p ET
- In Montreal the Canadiens would host the Toronto Maple Leafs for some Original Six action, and in the first period Auston Matthews would score for the Leafs to take the 1-0 lead. In the second period David Savard and Cole Caufield would score to give the Habs the 2-1 lead. Then in the third period William Nylander would strike for the Leafs, but goals from Paul Byron and Christian Dvorak would give the Canadiens the 4-2 victory over the Maple Leafs.
- Florida Panthers v. Ottawa Senators – 7p ET
- In Ottawa the Senators would host the Florida Panthers, and in the first period Alex Formenton and Artum Zub would score to give the Sens the 2-0 lead. In the second period Anthony Duclair and Patric Hornqvist would strike for the Panthers, but Dylan Gambrell would score to keep the Sens ahead by one. Then in the third period Aleksander Barkov would strike to tie the game at three for the Panthers. Then after a scoreless overtime period it would be Barkov in the shootout to give the Panthers the 4-3 victory over the Senators.
- New Jersey Devils v. Washington Capitals – 7p ET
- In Washington the Capitals would host the New Jersey Devils, and after a scoreless first period Tom Wilson would score for the Caps, but goals from Jack Hughes and Damon Severson would give the Devils the 2-1 lead. Then in the third period Jesper Bratt would score for the Devils, but goals from Connor McMichael, Nicklas Backstrom, and Alex Ovechkin would give the Capitals the 4-3 victory over the Devils.
- Scott’s TXHT Recap – Devils Fall Short in D.C.
- Carolina Hurricanes v. St. Louis Blues – 8p ET
- In St. Louis the Blues would host the Carolina Hurricanes, and in the first period Martin Necas would score for the Canes to take the 1-0 lead. In the second period Pavel Buchnevich would score for the Blues, but goals from Seth Jarvis, Brett Pesce, and Andrei Svechnikov would score for the the 4-2 Canes lead. Then in the third period Buchnevich would net his second of the game for the Blues, but goals from Svechnikov, Nino Niederreiter, and Jarvis would give the Hurricanes the 7-2 victory over the Blues.
- Columbus Blue Jackets v. Minnesota Wild – 8p ET
- In Minnesota Marc-Andre Fleury would make his debut between the pipes for the Wild as they hosted the Columbus Blue Jackets, and in the first period Kirill Kaprizov would score to give the Wild the 1-0 lead. In the second period Jake Bean and Jakub Voracek would score to give the Jackets the 2-1 lead. Then in the third period Kaprizov would net his second of the game to tie the game at two. In the extra frame Jared Spurgeon would strike to give the Wild the 3-2 victory over the Blue Jackets.
- Edmonton Oilers v. Calgary Flames – 10p ET
- In the final Battle of Alberta for the regular season the Calgary Flames would host the Edmonton Oilers, and in the first period Derick Brassard and Leon Draisaitl would score for the Oilers, but Elias Lindholm, Christopher Tanev, and Mikael Backlund would score to give the Flames the 3-2 lead. In the second period Draisaitl would net a pair of goals to complete the hat trick and Ryan Nugent-Hopkins would score for the Oilers, but a pair of goals from Matthew Tkachuk and a tally from Oliver Kylington would keep the Flames ahead by one. Then in the third period Lindholm, Backlund, and Dillon Dube would score to give the Flames the 9-5 victory over the Oilers.
- Seattle Kraken v. Los Angeles Kings – 1030p ET
- In Los Angeles the Kings would host the Seattle Kraken, and in the first period Gabriel Vilardi would score to give the Kings the 1-0 lead. In the second period Daniel Sprong would score for the Kraken, but goals from Anze Kopitar and Jordan Spence would give the Kings the 3-1 lead. Then in the third period Morgan Geekie would score for the Kraken, but Sean Durzi would score to give the Kings the 4-2 victory over the Kraken.
- Anaheim Ducks v. San Jose Sharks – 1030p ET
- In San Jose the Sharks would take on the Anaheim Ducks, and in the first period Marc-Edouard Vlasic would score for the Sharks to take the 1-0 lead. In the second period Timo Meier would score to grow the Sharks lead to two. Then in the third period Gerry Mayhew would score for the Ducks, but a pair of goals from Meier to complete the hat trick would give the Sharks the 4-1 victory over the Ducks.
- TB v. NYI – 2p ET
- BUF v. NYR – 5p ET
- DET v. PIT – 5p ET
- PHI v. NAS – 6p ET
- COL v. MIN – 6p ET
- ARI v. WIN – 7p ET
- FLA v. TOR – 7p ET
- MON v. NJ – 7p ET
Noteworthy in Hockey
- 32 Thoughts: Future of LTIR to dominate discussions at upcoming GM meetings (HNIC)
TXHT may earn an Affiliate Commission if you purchase something through Cool Hockey ads/links in this article.