NHL News and Notes from Sunday, March 20th, 2022
- The Boston Bruins signed defenseman Hampus Lindholm.
- Lindholm signed an eight year deal with an AAV of $6.5 million per season.
- Lindholm was acquired from Anaheim on Saturday.
- All Trades are in the TXHT Trade Deadline Tracker which will go live at 9a ET.
- New York Islanders v. Philadelphia Flyers – 2p ET
- In Philadelphia the Flyers would host the New York Islanders for some afternoon hockey, and in the first period Casey Cizikas would strike for the Isles to take the 1-0 lead. Then in the second period Kevin Hayes would net a pair of goals to give the Flyers the 2-1 victory over the Islanders.
- Dallas Stars v. Washington Capitals – 5p ET
- In Washington the Capitals would host the Dallas Stars in an early evening matinee, and in the first period Alexander Radulov and Roope Hintz would strike to give the Stars the 2-0 lead. In the second period Alex Ovechkin would net his 40th of the season for the Caps, but Hintz’s second of the game would keep the Stars ahead by two. Then in the third period Dmitry Orlov would score for the Caps, but the Stars would hold on for the 3-2 victory over the Capitals.
- New York Rangers v. Carolina Hurricanes – 6p ET
- In Carolina the Hurricanes would host the New York Rangers, and after a scoreless first period Chris Kreider would strike to give the Rangers the 1-0 lead. Then in the third period Frank Vatrano would score to give the Rangers the 2-0 victory over the Hurricanes.
- Arizona Coyotes v. San Jose Sharks – 7p ET
- In San Jose the Sharks would do battle with the Arizona Coyotes, and in the first period Nick Bonino would strike to give the Sharks the 1-0 lead. In the second period Phil Kessel would strike to tie the game at one for the Yotes. Then in the third period Lawson Crouse would score for the Yotes, but goals from Timo Meier, Noah Gregor, and Rudolfs Balcers would give the Sharks the 4-2 victory over the Coyotes.
- Winnipeg Jets v. Chicago Blackhawks – 7p ET
- In Chicago the Blackhawks would host the Winnipeg Jets, and in the first period Nikolaj Ehlers would score to give the Jets the 1-0 lead. In the second period Jonathan Toews and Dylan Strome would strike for the Blackhawks, but a pair of goals from Jansen Harkins and tallies from Kyle Connor and Josh Morrissey would give the Jets a 5-2 lead. Then in the third period Taylor Raddysh and Philipp Kurashev would score for the Blackhawks, but Blake Wheeler would score to secure the 6-4 victory over the Blackhawks for the Jets.
- Buffalo Sabres v. Vancouver Canucks – 10p ET
- In Vancouver, the Canucks host the Sabres and in the first Casey Middelstadt scores his third of the year to give the Sabres the 1-0 lead. In the second, Vancouver ties it up with J.T. Miller’s 25th of the year but the Buffalo re-takes the lead when Jeff Skinner scores his 24th of the year. Bo Horvat then goes on to score his 23rd of the year to tie the game 2-2. In the overtime frame, Rasmus Dahlin nets his ninth of the year as the Sabres defeat the Canucks 3-2.
- BOS v. MON – 7p ET
- VGK v. MIN – 8p ET
- EDM v. COL – 930p ET
- NAS v. ANA – 10p ET
Noteworthy in Hockey
- Michael recaps the past week for the Washington Capitals (TXHT)
- Dickson recaps the past week for the Montreal Canadiens (TXHT)
- Scott recaps the past week for the Seattle Kraken (TXHT)
- Insider Trading: Maple Leafs get their man in Giordano (TSN)
TXHT may earn an Affiliate Commission if you purchase something through Cool Hockey ads/links in this article.