NHL News and Notes from Friday, February 25th, 2022
- Columbus Blue Jackets v. Carolina Hurricanes – 7p ET
- In Carolina the Hurricanes would play host to the Columbus Blue Jackets, and after a scoreless first period Jordan Staal and Teuvo Teravainen would score to give the Canes the 2-0 lead. Then in the third period Nino Niederreiter and Vincent Trocheck would score to give the Hurricanes the 4-0 victory over the Blue Jackets.
- Buffalo Sabres v. St. Louis Blues – 8p ET
- In St. Louis the Blues would take on the Buffalo Sabres, and in the first period Dylan Cozens would score for the Sabres, but a pair of goals from Jordan Kyrou would give the Blues the 2-1 lead. In the second period Kyle Okposo would score for the Sabres, but Jake Walman would strike to keep the Blues ahead by one. Then in the third period Tage Thompson would net his 21st of the season for the Sabres, but Colton Parayko and Brayden Schenn would score to give the Blues the 5-3 victory over the Sabres.
- New Jersey Devils v. Chicago Blackhawks – 830p ET
- In Chicago the Blackhawks would play host to the New Jersey Devils, and in the first period Brandon Hagel would score for the Blackhawks, but goals from Jack Hughes and Yegor Sharangovich would give the Devils the 2-1 lead. In the second period Jesper Bratt would score for the Devils, but a pair of goals from Patrick Kane and Hagel’s second of the game would give the Blackhawks the 4-3 lead. Then in the third period Jonas Siegenthaler and Bratt would strike for the Devils, but Kirby Dach and Ryan Carpenter would score and Kane and Hagel would both score to complete the hat trick to give the Blackhawks the 8-5 victory over the Devils.
- Scott’s TXHT Recap –
- Winnipeg Jets v. Colorado Avalanche – 9p ET
- In colorado the Avalanche would host their divisional rival Winnipeg Jets, and in the first period the Jets would fly high as Kyle Connor, Evgeny Svechnikov, and Adam Lowry would score to give the Jets the 3-0 lead. However, in the second period the Avs would ground the Jets as Gabriel Landeskog would record a pair of goals and Nathan MacKinnon would score to tie the game at three. Then in the third period Landeskog would score to complete the hat trick plus MacKinnon would score his second of the game and Andre Burakovsky would score to give the Avalanche the 6-3 victory over the Jets.
- Vegas Golden Knights v, Arizona Coyotes – 930p ET
- In Arizona the Coyotes would host the Vegas Golden Knights, and after a scoreless first period William Carrier would open the scoring for the Knights, but Shayne Gostisbehere would score to tie the game at one. Then in the third period Nick Schmaltz would score a pair of goals to give the Coyotes the 3-1 victory over the Golden Knights.
- Los Angeles Kings v. Anaheim Ducks – 10p ET
- In Anaheim the Ducks would host their neighboring Los Angeles Kings, and in the first period Carl Grundstrom would strike to give the Kings the 1-0 lead. In the second period Adrian Kempe would net a pair of goals and Anze Kopitar would score to grow the Kings lead to four. Then in the third period Troy Terry would score for the Ducks, bur the Kings would hold on to defeat the Ducks 4-1.
- EDM v. FLA – 1230p ET
- WAS v. PHI – 1230p ET
- NYR v. PIT – 3p ET
- MON v. OTT – 7p ET
- TB v. NAS – 730p ET – Stadium Series
- TOR v. DET – 730p ET
- COL v. VGK – 10p ET
- BOS v. SJ – 10p ET
- MIN v. CAL – 10p ET
- NYI v. LA – 1030p ET
Noteworthy in Hockey
- 32 Thoughts Blog: Could the Predators trade Filip Forsberg? (SportsNet)
- 32 Thoughts Podcast: Forsberg, Jets, Hawks & Leafs (SportsNet)
- Hockey Has Always Been Black by Madison Bowey (Players Tribune)