NHL News and Notes from Wednesday, February 16th, 2022
- The NHL Department of Player Safety has fined Buffalo Sabres forward Dylan Cozens.
- Cozens was fined $2,235.42 for cross checking New York Islanders forward Brock Nelson on Tuesday night.
- The fine is the maximum allowed per the CBA.
- Minnesota Wild v. Winnipeg Jets – 7p ET
- In Winnipeg the Jets and Minnesota Wild would do battle once again, and in the first period Joel Eriksson Ek would strike to give the Wild the 1-0 lead. In the second period Mark Scheifele would net a pair of goals to give the Jets the 2-1 lead. Then in the third period Mats Zuccarello and Dmitry Kulikov would score for the Wild, but Scheifele would complete the hat trick plus goals from Cole Perfetti, Kyle Connor, and Paul Stastny would give the Jets the 6-3 victory over the Wild.
- Florida Panthers v. Carolina Hurricanes – 730p ET
- In Carolina the Hurricanes would do battle with the Florida Panthers, and in the first period Teuvo Teravainen would score for the Canes to take the 1-0 lead. In the second period Aleksander Barkov would score to tie the game at one. Then in the third period Tony DeAngelo would strike to give the Hurricanes the 2-1 lead, but Sam Reinhart would score in the final minute of regulation to force overtime. In the extra frame Aaron Ekblad would strike 16 seconds into overtime to give the Panthers the 3-2 victory over the Hurricanes.
- Anaheim Ducks v. Calgary Flames – 930p ET
- In Calgary the Flames would play host to the Anaheim Ducks, and in the first period Dillon Dube and Elias Lindholm would score to give the Flames the 2-0 lead. In the second period Sonny Milano would strike for the Ducks, but goals from Lindholm and Matthew Tkachuck would give the Flames the 4-1 lead. In the third, Isac Lundestrom scores his 12th to bring the Ducks within two but the Flames close the door with a pair of goals by Johnny Gaudreau, netting his 20th, and Andrew Mangiapane, scoring his 25th, as Calgary downs the Ducks 6-2.
- Colorado Avalanche v. Vegas Golden Knights – 10p ET
- In Vegas Jack Eichel would make his Golden Knights debut as they host the Colorado Avalanche, and after a scoreless first two periods, Gabriel Landeskog scores his 23rd of the year early in the third to give the Avs the 1-0 lead. Mikko Rantanen then scores his 25th of the year on a power play to give Colorado the 2-0 win over Vegas.
- WAS v. PHI – 7p ET
- DET v. NYR – 7p ET
- PIT v. TOR – 7p ET
- STL v. MON – 7p ET
- OTT v. BUF – 7p ET
- BOS v. NYI – 730p ET
- SEA v. WIN – 8p ET
- CLB v. CHI – 830p ET
- ANA v. EDM – 9p ET
- VAN v. SJ – 1030p ET