NHL News and Notes from Saturday, January 9th, 2022
- The NHL announced that they have postponed two games with one of the games being rescheduled.
- The Los Angeles Kings announced that they have hired Marc Bergevin as a Senior Advisor to the General Manager.
- Dallas Stars v. St. Louis Blues – 2p ET
- In St. Louis the Blues would host the Dallas Stars, and after a scoreless first period Jason Robertson would score to give the Stars the 1-0 lead. Then in the third period Ryan O’Reilly and Jordan Kyrou would both score powerplay goals in the final minute of regulation to give the Blues the 2-1 victory over the Stars.
- Detroit Red Wings v. Anaheim Ducks – 8p ET
- In Anaheim the Ducks would take on the Detroit Red Wings, and in the first period Trevor Zegras would score to give the Ducks the 1-0 lead. In the second period Filip Hronek would strike to tie the game at one for the Wings and Tyler Bertuzzi would score to give them the one goal lead, but Troy Terry would strike to tie the game at two for the Ducks. Then in the third period Max Comtois would net his first of the season to give the Ducks the 3-2lead, but Vladislav Namestnikov would score his tenth of the season to tie the game at three and send the game to overtime. After a scoreless five minutes of extra hockey it would be Rickard Rakell in the shootout to end it for the Ducks as they would take the 4-3 victory over the Red Wings.
- TB v. NJ – 7p ET
- BOS v. WAS – 7p ET
- SEA v. COL – 9p ET
- OTT v. EDM – Postponed
- NYR v. LA – 1030p ET
- CLB v. MON – Postponed
- MIN v. WIN – Postponed