NHL News and Notes from Tuesday, November 23rd, 2021
- The New Jersey Devils unveiled their new alternate jerseys.
- The Tampa Bay Lightning announced that Brayden Point will be ouut 4-6 weeks with an upper body injury.
- Philadelphia Flyers v. Tampa Bay Lightning – 7p ET
- In Tampa Bay the Lightning would play host to the Philadelphia Flyers, and in the first period Zach Bogosian would strike to take the 1-0 lead for the Bolts. In the second period Steven Stamkos and Corey Perry would score to grow the Bolts lead to three. Then in the third period Alex Barre-Boulet would strike to give the Lightning the 4-0 victory.
- Edmonton Oilers v. Dallas Stars – 830p ET
- In Dallas the Stars would host the Edmonton Oilers, and in the first period Roope Hintz and Jason Robertson would both score on the powerplay to give the Stars the 2-0 lead. In the second period Denis Gurianov would strike to grow Dallas’ lead to three, but Ryan McLeod would strike moments later to get the Oilers on the board and back within two. Then in the third period Luke Glendening would score to give the Stars the 4-1 victory over the Oilers.
- Chicago Blackhawks v. Calgary Flames – 9p ET
- In Calgary the Flames would host the struggling Chicago Blackhawks, and in the first period Dillon Dube would score to give the Flames the 1-0 lead. Brandon Hagel would respond for the Blackhawks, but Milan Lucic would strike for the Flames to retake the one goal lead. In the second period Reese Johnson would score to tie the game at two for the Blackhawks. In the third, Calgary retakes the lead when Matthew Tkachuk nets his ninth of the year. The Flames then take the two goal lead with Trevor Lewis’ second goal of the year followed by the game clincher when Johnny Gaudreau getting his ninth on the year as the Flames get the 5-2 win over the Blackhawks.
- BOS v. BUF – 7p ET
- PHI v. FLA – 7p ET
- MIN v. NJ – 7p ET
- VAN v. PIT – 7p ET
- MON v. WAS – 7p ET – Kassie’s Game Preview
- WIN v. CLB – 7p ET
- STL v. DET – 730p ET
- NYR v. NYI – 730p ET
- VGK v. NAS – 8p ET
- ANA v. COL – 9p ET
- TOR v. LA – 10p ET
- CAR v. SEA – 10p ET
- EDM v. ARI – 10p ET
- OTT v. SJ – 1030p ET
Noteworthy in Hockey
- Inside the NHL: Why Olympic participation is in peril, Rogers aftershocks and Dion Phaneuf gets his due. (Toronto Star – $)
- In New Jersey, a new Devils jersey: How Martin Brodeur designed the franchise’s first true alternate sweater. (The Athletic – $)
- Insider Trading: NHLPA pushing for tighter COVID-19 protocols for Vegas All-Star weekend. (TSN)
- Capitals’ Star Talent & Team’s Improvements Fueling Hot Start. (The Hockey Writers)
- Devilishly Bad Looking Jerseys for the Devils (TXHT)