NHL News and Notes from Tuesday, June 22nd, 2021
- The NHL Department of Player Safety has fined forward Mathew Barzal of the New York Islanders.
- Barzal was fined $5000 for cross checking Tampa Bay Lightning defender Jan Rutta in the face and injuring him on Monday night in game five.
- The $5000 fine is the maximum allowed under the CBA.
- Montreal Canadiens v. Vegas Golden Knights – Game 5 – 9p ET
- In the Fortress, Montreal gets the scoring going in the first period when Jesperi Kotkaniemi nets his fifth goal at 8:45. As the action shifts to the second, Montreal makes it a 2-0 lead when Eric Staal gets his second goal of the postseason at 6:32. After a dangerous hi-stick by Vegas Nicolas Roy to Montreal’s Artturi Lehkonen’s neck, Montreal, while on the power play from the hi-stick, Cole Caufield scores his third goal of the postseason to give the Habs the 3-0 lead. In the third, Vegas finally gets on the board when Max Pacioretty scores his fifth goal of the postseason. Montreal scores an empty net goal, with Nick Suzuki scoring his fifth, to get the 4-1 win over the Golden Knights as they are one win away from their first Stanley Cup Finals appearance since 1993.
- Dickson’s TXHT Recap – Canadiens One Win Away From Stanley Cup Finals
- TB v. NYI – Game 6 – 8p ET