NHL News and Notes from Sunday, June 6th, 2021
- The NHL Department of Player Safety has fined Boston Bruins forward David Krejci.
- Krejci was fined $5000 for slashing New York Islanders forward Mathew Barzal on Saturday night.
- The $5000 fine is the maximum allowed under the CBA.
- The Canadian Federal Government has approved a travel exemption for the NHL for the Semi-Finals and potentially for the Stanley Cup Final.
- Players and all team personnel will be subject to enhanced public health measures including a bubble quarantine and frequent testing.
- Winnipeg Jets v. Montreal Canadiens – Game 3 – 6p ET
- In Montreal the Canadiens would take on the Winnipeg Jets in game three of their North Division series. In the first period Corey Perry would score to give the Habs the 1-0 lead. Then in the second period Artturi Lehkonen and Joel Armia would score to give the Habs the 3-0 lead, but Adam Lowry would score to cut the Habs lead to two. In the third period Nick Suzuki and Armia would score to give the Canadiens the 5-1 victory, and the 3-0 series lead over the Jets.
- Aryan’s TXHT Recap – Habs Overpower Jets for 3-0 Lead
- Colorado Avalanche v. Vegas Golden Knights – Game 4 – 830p ET
- In Vegas the Golden Knights look to even up their series with the Colorado Avalanche, and in the first period Brandon Saad would open the scoring for the Avs, but Johnathan Marchessault would tally for the Knights to tie the game at one. In the second period Max Pacioretty would score to give the Knights the lead, and Marchessault would net his second of the game to grow their lead to two. then in the third period Marchessault would complete the hat trick and Patrick Brown would score to give the Golden Knights the 5-1 victory and ties the series at two.
- Russell’s TXHT Recap – Marchessault’s Hat Trick Evens Series
- NYI v. BOS – Game 5 – 630p ET
- WIN v. MON – Game 4 – 8p ET