NHL News and Notes from Thursday, June 3rd, 2021
- The NHL Department of Player Safety has announced that they have suspended Winnipeg Jets forward Mark Scheifele.
- Scheifele was suspended for 4 games for charging and injuring Montreal Canadiens forward Jake Evans on Wednesday night.
- Boston Bruins v. New York Islanders – Game 3 – 730p ET
- On Long Island for game three, the New York Islanders would host the Boston Bruins as both teams would look to take the 2-1 series lead. In the first period Craig Smith would score to give the B’s the 1-0 lead. After a scoreless second period Mathew Barzal would score late in the third to tie the game at one and send the game to overtime. In the extra frame it would be Brad Marchand for the Bruins as they defeat the Islanders 2-1 for the 2-1 series lead.
- Shaggy’s TXHT Recap – Marchand OT Winner Gives B’s 2-1 Series Lead
- Carolina Hurricanes v. Tampa Bay Lightning – Game 3 – 8p ET
- In Tampa Bay for game three the Lightning look to put the Carolina Hurricanes on the brink, and after a scoreless first period Brett Pesce and Sebastian Aho would score to give the Canes the 2-0 lead. However, the Bolts would strike on back to back powerplays as Brayden Point and Alex Killorn would score to tie the game at two. After a scoreless third period this game would go to overtime, and it would be Aho with his second of the game while on the powerplay to give the Hurricanes the 3-2 victory and cut Tampa’s series lead to one.
- Michael’s TXHT Recap – Aho’s 2 Goal Game Gives Canes Game 3
- MON v. WIN – Game 2 – 730p ET
- COL v. VGK – Game 3 – 10p ET