NHL News and Notes from Saturday, May 31st, 2021
- The NHL Department of Player Safety has announced that they will have a hearing with Vegas Golden Knights forward Ryan Reaves for his actions on Sunday night that resulted in a match penalty being assessed.
- After having the hearing DoPS announced that Reaves would be suspended for two games for roughing and unsportsmanlike conduct against Colorado Avalanche defenseman Ryan Graves.
- Commissioner Gary Bettman has upheld Colorado Avalanche forward Nazem Kadri’s eight game suspension.
- Kadri was suspended 8 games on May 21st for an illegal check to the head of St. Louis Blues defenseman Justin Faulk on May 19th.
- The NHLPA has filed an appeal for Nazem Kadri’s suspendion to be reduced to a neutral discipline arbitrator (Shyam Das).
- Montreal Canadiens v. Toronto Maple Leafs – Game 7 – 7p ET
- In Toronto for the decisive game seven, the Maple Leafs look to conquer past demons as they host the Montreal Canadiens. After a scoreless first period Brendan Gallagher and Corey Perry would score to give the Habs the 2-0 lead. In the third period William Nylander would score for the Leafs, but Tyler Toffoli would hit the empty netter and thus complete the comeback as they erase a 3-1 series deficit to take game seven 3-1 and move on to the second round to face the Ottawa Senators.
- New York Islanders v. Boston Bruins – Game 2 – 730p ET
- In Boston for game two the Bruins would look to extend their series lead to two while the New York Islanders hope to tie the series at one. In the first period Charlie Coyle would score to get the B’s on the board. Then in the second period Josh Bailey (PPG), Kyle Palmieri, and Jean-Gabriel Pageau (PPG) would score to give the Isles the 3-1 lead. In the third period Patrice Bergeron and Brad Marchand would score the for the Bruins to tie the game at three and send the game to overtime. In the extra frame Casey Cizikas would score to give the Islanders the 4-3 victory to tie the series at one.
- Shaggy’s TXHT Recap – Cizikas OT Goal Ties Up Series
- TB v. CAR – Game 2 – 730p ET