NHL News and Notes from Friday, May 28th, 2021
- Minnesota Wild v. Vegas Golden Knights – Game 7 – 9p ET
- In the Fortress, both the Golden Knights and Wild look to win in Game 7. In the first period, Mattias Janmrk scores his first goal in the 2021 postseason on an unassisted goal at 5:09 to give Vegas the early 1-0 lead. Midway through the period, the Wild go on the power play due to a Vegas Golden Knights penalty from William Karlsson for Boarding at 10:32. The game is tied at 16:49 when Zach Parise scores his second goal in this postseason for the Wild with the assists coming from Joel Eriksson Ek and Ryan Suter. In the second period, Nicolas Hague scores at 2:05 to give the Golden Knights the 2-1 lead. Minnesota ties the game again with a PPG from Kirill Kaprizov, his second goal in the postseason at 4:35. At 7:44 in the period, Max Pacioretty scores to give Vegas the lead once again. Vegas takes the two goal lead when Zach Whitecloud scores his first goal of this postseason at 13:38 with assists coming from Shea Theodore and Chandler Stephenson. In the third after a lot of scrums on both ends of the ice, Vegas extends their lead to three goals when Janmark scores his second goal of the night at 12:36. Vegas seals the series win with the completion of hat trick for Janmark on an empty net goal at 16:53 as the Golden Knights down the Wild 6-2.
- Dickson’s TXHT Recap – Vegas Advances To Second Round
- TOR v. MON – Game 6 – 730p ET
- NYI v. BOS – Game 1 – 8p ET