Today the National Hockey League has announced the Player of the Month for the month of April 2021.
Discover Central Division
Sebastian Aho (C – CAR) & Johnna Sharpe (Wake County)
- Aho would record six goals and 12 assists for 18 points in 16 games played for the Hurricanes. Aho’s efforts would guide Carolina to a 10-2-4 record for the month of April to help the Canes secure their third straight playoff berth. Aho would be on the score sheet 11 times out of the 16 games played, and he would record three game winning goals for the month.
Honda West Division
Nathan MacKinnon (C – COL) & Alyssa Laabs (UCHealth Memorial Hospital)
- MacKinnon would factor in on 21 of the Avalanche’s 40 goals for the month of April to lead the West Division with nine goals and 12 assists for 21 points in 13 games played. MacKinnon would record points in 12 of his 13 games played as the Avs would go on to clinch their fourth consecutive playoff berth.
MassMutual East Division
Brad Marchand (LW – BOS) & Meaghan Quinn (Beverly Hospital)
- Marchand would lead the League with 14 goals and 24 points in 17 games in the month of April. Marchand’s efforts would guide the Bruins to an 11-5-1 record as they keep their playoff hopes alive. Marchand would also record three shorthanded goals, and collect points in 11 of his 17 games played. He would also record three 4 point games.
Scotia North Division
Auston Matthews (C – TOR) & Sarah Rumboldt (Holland Bloorview Kids Rehab Hospital)
- Matthews would record 12 goals and 6 assists for 18 points in 13 games played as the Leafs would clinch their fifth straight playoff berth. Matthews would record a point in 10 of the 13 games he would play in, and would record four consecutive multi-point performances.
* All Graphics Courtesy of the NHL