NHL News and Notes from Wednesday, April 28th, 2021
- Vancouver Canucks v. Ottawa Senators – 5:30p ET
- In Ottawa the Senators would host the Vancouver Canucks in an early evening matinee. In the first period Victor Mete would notch his first as a Senator to give them the 1-0 lead. Then in the second period Tyler Myers and Jake Virtanen would score for the Canucks, but goals from Chris Tierney, Josh Norris, Thomas Chabot, and Brady Tkachuk would score to give the Sens the 5-2 lead. In the third, Coin White nets his 10th as Ottawa takes the 6-2 lead but Vancouver comes within three when Brandon Sutter nets his ninth on the year as the Sens double up the Canucks with the 6-3 win.
- St. Louis Blues v. Minnesota Wild – 7p ET
- In St. Paul, the Blues look to knock off the Wild and in the first Jonas Brodin nets his seventh to give Minnesota the 1-0 lead. In the second, Joel Eriksson Ek nets his 16th to give the Wild the 2-0 lead. St. Louis cuts the lead in half when Mike Hoffman nets a PPG, his 15th goal on the year. Minnesota re-takes the two goal lead when Marcus Foligno nets his 10th of the season. In the third Hoffman nets his second of the game to bring the Blues within a goal. Jordan Kyrou nets his 11th to tie the game for St. Louis and Robert Thomas nets the game winning goal, his third on the season to give the Blues the 4-3 win over Minnesota.
- Toronto Maple Leafs v. Montreal Canadiens – 8p ET
- In a Original Six rivalry match-up, the Toronto Maple Leafs look to clinch a spot in the 2021 Stanley Cup Playoffs with a victory over arch-rival Montreal. In the first, William Nylander strikes early to give the Maple Leafs the 1-0 lead. Auston Matthews will then notch his 35th goal on the year to give Toronto the 2-0 lead. In the second, Jake Muzzin nets his third of the year as the Maple Leafs take the commanding 3-0 lead. Montreal responds with a goal by Nick Suzuki, his 10th on the year, to bring the Habs within two. In the third, Adam Brooks nets his third to give the Maple Leafs the 4-1 win over the Montreal Canadiens.
- Edmonton Oilers v. Winnipeg Jets – 9p ET
- In Winnipeg, the Jets look to strike Oil and stop Edmonton in their tracks. In the first, Edmonton takes the 1-0 lead when Tyson Barrie nets his seventh to give the Oilers the 1-0 lead. In the second, Winnipeg ties the contest when Blake Wheeler nets his 11th on the season. Edmonton re-takes the lead with Ryan Hugent-Hopkins 14th goal of the season, a power play goal. In the third, Leon Draisaitl nets his 24th with nine seconds left in regulation to give the Oilers the 3-1 win over
- Colorado Avalanche v. Vegas Golden Knights – 9:30p ET
- In Vegas, the Avalanche look to knock off the Golden Knights and in the first, William Karlsson strikes 10 seconds into the period with his 13th of the year to give Vegas the 1-0 lead. Colorado responds when Devon Toews nets his seventh to tie the game. In the second, Max Pacioretty nets his 23rd and Mark Stone nets his 19th to give Vegas the 3-1 lead. Ryan Graves nets his second on the year to bring the Avs within a goal once more. In the third, Pacioretty nets his second of the night and Jonathan Marchessault nets his 14th as the Golden Knights down the Avs with the 5-2 win.
- Anaheim Ducks v. Los Angeles Kings – 10p ET
- In the City of Angels the Ducks will look to knock the Kings off. After a scoreless first period, the Kings get two goals when Gabriel Vilardi nets his seventh and Adrian Kempe nets his 14th to take the 2-0 lead. Anaheim responds with two goals of their own when Sam Carrick nets his second and Sam Steel nets his sixth to tie the game 2-2. In the third, Cam Fowler nets his fifth as the Ducks get the 3-2 win over the Kings.
- Arizona Coyotes v. San Jose Sharks – 10:30p ET
- In San Jose, the Sharks look to take a bite out of the Coyotes and in the first, San Jose gets three goals when Evander Kane nets his 20th, Rudolfs Balcers nets his seventh, and Kevin Labanc nets his 11th to take the 3-0 lead. Arizona gets on the board when Phil Kessel nets his 18th on the season to bring the Yotes within two. In the second, Johan Larsson nets his eighth as Arizona comes within a goal. Late in the third Tomas Hertl nets his 15th goal as the Sharks double up the Coyotes with the 4-2 win.
- DAL v. TB – 7p ET
- BUF v. BOS – 7p ET
- PHI v. NJ – 7p ET
- NYI v. NYR – 7p ET
- PIT v. WAS – 7p ET
- DET v. CAR – 7p ET
- VAN v. TOR – 7:30p ET
- STL v. MIN – 8p ET
- FLA v. CHI – 8p ET
- CAL v. EDM – 9p ET