NHL News and Notes from Tuesday, April 27th, 2021
- New York Islanders v. Washington Capitals – 7p ET
- In Washington in front of their fans for the first time since early 2020, the Capitals would host the New York Islanders, and in the first period Daniel Sprong would open the scoring to give the Caps the 1-0 victory.
- Michael’s TXHT Recap – Vanecek Blanks the Isles for Caps 1-0 Win
- Philadelphia Flyers v. New Jersey Devils – 7p ET
- In New Jersey the Devils and Philadelphia Flyers would do battle once again, and in the first period Nico Hischier would strike on the powerplay to give the Devils the 1-0 lead. In the second period Oskar Lindblom would score for the Flyers, but goals from Pavel Zacha and Miles Wood would give the Devils the two goal lead. In the third period Philippe Myers, Claude Giroux, and Sean Couturier would score for the Flyers, but goals from Connor Carrick, Yegor Sharangovich, and Mikhail Maltsev to give the Devils the 6-4 victory.
- Buffalo Sabres v. New York Rangers – 7p ET
- At Madison Square Garden the New York Rangers would host the Buffalo Sabres, and after a scoreless first period Brendan Smith would open the scoring for the Rangers, but Sam Reinhart would score late to tie the game at one. Then in the third period Alexis Lafreniere and Mika Zibanejad would score to give the Rangers the 3-1 victory.
- Boston Bruins v. Pittsburgh Penguins – 7p ET
- In Pittsburgh the Boston Bruins would take on the Penguins once again, and after a scoreless first period David Krejci would net his 7th of the season to give the B’s the 1-0 lead. In the third period Jeff Carter would score for the Pens, but goals from Brad Marchand and Taylor Hal would give the Bruins the 3-1 victory.
- Detroit Red Wings v. Columbus Blue Jackets – 7p ET
- In Columbus the Blue Jackets and Detroit Red Wings would play a scorelesss 65 minutes of hockey before needing the shootout to determine a victor, and it would be Oliver Bjorkstrand in the skills competiton to give the Jackets the 1-0 victory.
- Tampa Bay Lightning v. Chicago Blackhawks – 8p ET
- In Chicago the Blackhawks would host the Tampa Bay Lightning, and in the first period Brandon Hagel and Wyatt Kalynuk would strike for the Blackhawks, but goals from Erik Cernak, Yanni Gourde and Alex Barre-Boulet would give the Bolts the 3-2 lead. In the second period Duncan Keith would strike for Chicago, but goals from Brayden Point, Blake Coleman, and Alex Killorn to give the Lightning the 6-3 lead. Then in the third period Dominik Kubalik would score for the Blackhawks, but Killorn’s second of the game would give the Lightning the 7-4 victory.
- Florida Panthers v. Nashville Predators – 8p ET
- In Nashville the Florida Panthers would take on the Predators, and in the first period Ryan Ellis would score for the Preds, and Aleksander Barkov would strike for the Panthers for the game to be tied at one. Then in the second period Barkov would net his second of the game and Anthony Duclair would strike for the Panthers, but goals from Luke Kunin, Tanner Jeannot, and Ellis would give the Preds the 4-3 lead. In the third period Owen Tippett and Frank Vatrano would score, and a pair from Jonathan Huberdeau to give the Panthers the 7-4 victory.
- Carolina Hurricanes v. Dallas Stars – 8:30p ET
- In Dallas the Carolina Hurricanes would do battle with the Stars once again, and in the first period Jordan Staal and Sebastian Aho would strike to give the Canes the 2-0 lead. Then in the second period Jason Roberston would score for the Stars, but Staal’s second of the game would keep the Canes with the two goal lead. In the third period Max McCormick and Nino Niederreiter would score to give the Hurricanes the 5-1 victory.
- VAN v. OTT – 5:30p ET
- STL v. MIN – 7p ET
- TOR v. MON – 8p ET
- EDM v. WIN – 9p ET
- COL v. VGK – 9:30p ET
- ANA v. LA – 10p ET
- ARI v. SJ – 10:30p ET