NHL News and Notes from Tuesday, April 6th, 2021
- Buffalo Sabres v. New Jersey Devils – 7p ET
- In New Jersey the Devils would play host to the Buffalo Sabres, and in the first period both teams would strike twice as Rasmus Asplund and Brandon Montour would strike for the Sabres, and Damon Severson and Jesper Bratt would tally for the Devils. In the second period Pavel Zacha would score for the Devils, but Rasmus Dahlin would strike for the Sabres to keep the game tied at three. In the third period Casey Mittlestadt would score on the powerplay, and Rasmus Ristolainen would strike to give the Sabres the 5-3 victory.
- Washington Capitals v. New York Islanders – 7p ET
- On Long Island the Washington Capitals would come to face the New York Islanders in a tightly contested matchup. After a scoreless 53 minutes, the Islanders would strike with a Brock Nelson tally to take the 1-0 victory.
- Pittsburgh Penguins v. New York Rangers – 7p ET
- At Madison Square Garden the New York Rangers would host the Pittsburgh Penguins, and in the first period Jared McCann would score for the Pens, but tallies from Colin Blackwell, Mika Zibanejad, Artemi Panarin, and Ryan Strome would give the Rangers the 4-1 lead. In the second period Alexis Lafreniere would score for the Rangers to grow their lead, but Mike Matheson would score to keep the Penguins alive. In the third period Jake Guentzel and Brian Dumolin would score for the Pens, but tallies from Kaapo Kakko, Adam Fox, and Pavel Buchnevich to give the Rangers the 8-4 victory.
- Boston Bruins v. Philadelphia Flyers – 7pm ET
- In Philadelphia the Boston Bruins would come to town to take on the Flyers, and in the first period Patrice Bergeron would net a pair of goals to give the B’s the 2-0 lead. In the second period Jakub Voracek and Shayne Gostisbehere would score for the Flyers to tie the game at two. In the third period Brad Marchand would score, and Bergeron would complete the hat trick to give the Bruins the 4-2 victory over the Flyers.
- Florida Panthers v. Carolina Hurricanes – 7p ET
- The Florida Panthers would travel up to Raleigh to take on the Carolina Hurricanes, and in the first period Aleksander Barkov would net the lone goal to give the Panthers the 1-0 lead. In the second period Vincent Trocheck would strike for the Canes to tie the game, but Barkov would net his second goal of the game seconds later to retake the one goal lead for the Panthers. In the third period Trocheck would net his second of the game, plus Jordan Staal would net a pair, and Jesper Fast would get the clincher to give teh Hurricanes the 5-2 victory.
- Tampa Bay Lightning v. Columbus Blue Jackets – 7p ET
- In Columbus the Blue Jackets would battle the Tampa Bay Lightning, and in the first period Zac Dalpe would score for the Jackets to take the 1-0 lead. In the second period the Jackets would grow their lead to two with Jack Roslovic’s seventh of the season. In the third period the Lightning would get goals from Ross Colton and Luke Schenn, but goals from Max Domi and Nick Foligno would give the Blue Jackets the 402 victory.
- Nashville Predators v. Detroit Red Wings – 7:30p ET
- In Detroit the Red Wings would host the Nashville Predators, and in the first period Danny DeKeyser would score to give the Wings the 1-0 lead. After a scoreless second period Adam Erne would score for the Wings, but goals from Luke Kunin and Mikael Granlund would tie the game at two for the Preds. After a scoreless extra frame, Ryan Johansen would strike in the shootout to give the Predators the 3-2 victory.
- Dallas Stars v. Chicago Blackhawks – 8p ET
- In Chicago the Dallas Stars would take on the Blackhawks, and in the first period Kirby Dach would net his first of the season to give the Blackhawks the 1-0 lead. In the second period Dominik Kubalik and Alex DeBrincat would score to grow the Blackhawks lead to three. In the third period Andre Cogliano and Radek Faksa would strike for the Stars to bring them back within one, but Patrick Kane would strike to give the Blackhawks the 4-2 victory.
- Anaheim Ducks v. San Jose Sharks – 10:30p ET
- In San Jose, the Ducks look to stomp on the Sharks and in the first Anaheim takes the 1-0 lead when Adam Henrique nets his 11th on the season. In the second, Max Comtois scores his 11th to give the Ducks the 2-0 lead. San Jose gets on the board when Patrick Marleau scores his third on the season. Anaheim then nets two goals when Isac Lundestrom and Nicolas Deslauries score the sixth and fourth goals respectively to give the Ducks the 4-1 lead. In the third, David Backes nets his third as the Ducks take the 5-1 lead and win over the Sharks.
- Vancouver Canucks v. Winnipeg Jets – Postponed
- EDM v. OTT – 5p ET
- MON v. TOR – 7:30p ET
- VGK v. STL – 9p ET
- COL v. MIN – 9p ET
- ARI v. LA – 10p ET