NHL News from Sunday, April 4th, 2021
- Detroit Red Wings v. Tampa Bay Lightning – 12p ET
- In Tampa Bay the Detroit Red Wings would come to town to take on the Lightning. In the first period Dylan Larkin would score to give the Wings the 1-0 lead, then in the second period Valtteri Filppula, Michael Rasmussen, and Marc Staal would all score to grow the Wings lead to four. Then in the third period Victor Hedman would score for the Bolts, but Darren Helm would strike to give the Red Wings the 5-1 victory.
- Washington Capitals v. New Jersey Devils – 3p ET
- In New Jersey the Washington Capitals and the Devils would face off for the eighth and final time for the 2021 season. In the first period both teams would trade tallies as Travis Zajac would score for Jersey, and TJ Oshie would score for the Caps. Then in the second period Yegor Sharangovich would score for the Devils, but goals from Conor Sheary and Alex Ovechkin would give the Caps the 3-2 lead. In the third period Jesper Bratt and Zajac would score for the Devils, but the Caps would get goals from Carl Hagelin and Evgeny Kuznetsov to take the 5-4 victory and an 8-0-0 series sweep.
- Columbus Blue Jackets v. Florida Panthers – 5p ET
- In Florida the Panthers would host the Columbus Blue Jackets, and after a scoreless first period Aleksander Barkov would strike to give the Panthers the 1-0 lead. Then in the third period Frank Vatrano and Gustav Forsling would score to give the Panthers the 3-0 victory over the Blue Jackets.
- Dallas Stars v. Carolina Hurricanes – 7p ET
- In Carolina the Hurricanes and Dallas Stars would do battle. After a scoreless first period Jordan Martinook would strike 40 seconds into the second period to give the Canes the 1-0 victory.
- Arizona Coyotes v. Anaheim Ducks – 9p ET
- In Anaheim, the Coyotes look to get the victory over the Ducks and in the first, Sam Carrick gets the Ducks on the board first with his first goal of the season. Arizona responds when Jakob Chychrun nets his 10th goal of the season. Anaheim takes the 2-1 lead when Derek Grant nets his fourth of the season. After a scoreless second, Arizona ties the game with Chychrun’s second goal of the night. In the overtime session, Chychrun completes the hat trick as the Coyotes get the 3-2 win over the Ducks.
- Toronto Maple Leafs v. Calgary Flames – 9p ET
- In the Saddledome, the Maple Leafs look to douse the Flames. In the first, Morgan Reilly gets Toronto on the board with his fourth of the season. Calgary responds with two goals when Joakim Nordstrom and Andrew Mangiapane score. In the second, Alex Galchenyuk ties the game with his second goal of the season. In the third, John Tavares gets his 11th goal of the season and Auston Matthews grabs his 25th of the season as Toronto doubles up the Flames with the 4-2 win.
- Vancouver Canucks v. Winnipeg Jets – 9p ET
- PHI v. BOS – 7p ET
- EDM v. MON – 7p ET
- VGK v. STL – 8p ET
- COL v. MIN – 8p ET
- TOR v. CAL – 9:30p ET
- ARI v. LA – 10p ET