NHL News and Notes from Friday, April 2nd, 2021
- Washington Capitals v. New Jersey Devils – 7p ET
- In New Jersey the Washington Capitals look to bounce back against the Devils, and after a scoreless first period John Carlson would open the scoring for the Capitals to take a 1-0 lead. However, minutes later Michael McLeod would strike to tie the game at one. After a scoreless third period Dmitry Orlov would call game with a bullet of a shot to give the Capitals the 2-1 victory.
- Toronto Maple Leafs v. Winnipeg Jets – 8p ET
- In Winnipeg the Jets would host the Toronto Maple Leafs, and after a scoreless first period Travis Dermott would score for the Leafs, and Andrew Copp would strike for the Jets to tie the game at one. After a scoreless third period and overtime session the game moves to a shootout. In the shootout, Jason Spezza gives the Maple Leafs the win with the lone goal in the third round of the shootout frame.
- Calgary Flames v. Edmonton Oilers – 9p ET
- In Edmonton for the Battle of Alberta, the Oilers and Calgary Flames would do battle once again. In the first period Michael Stone would strike for the Flames to take the 1-0 lead. In the second, Edmonton gets on the board when Ryan Nugent-Hopkins nets his 12th goal. Calgary regains the lead when Matthew Tkachuk gets his 10th goal of the season and Edmonton ties the game again when Dominik Kahun nets his sixth goal of the season. Edmonton gets the 3-2 win when Connor McDavid scores his 22nd goal of the season.
- St. Louis Blues v. Colorado Avalanche – 9p ET
- In Colorado the Avalanche would take on the St. Louis Blues, and in the first period Mike Hoffman would strike for the Blues, but goals from Brandon Saad and Nathan MacKinnon would give the Avs the 2-1 lead. In the second, MacKinnon nets his second goal of the night to give Colorado the 3-1 lead. David Perron brings the Blues within a goal but the Avs get the 3-2 win over the Blues.
- Arizona Coyotes v. Anaheim Ducks – 10p ET
- In Anaheim the Coyotes take on the Ducks and in the first period, the Ducks get on the board when Alexander Volkov nets his fourth goal on the season. Arizona ties the game when Johan Larsson nets his fifth goal on the season. In the second, Anaheim re-takes the lead when Jakob Silfverberg nets his seventh goal of the season. Arizona ties the game at 2-2 when Lane Pederson nets his first goal of the season. Arizona takes the 3-2 lead when Phil Kessel nets his 15th goal of the season. Arizona makes it a 4-2 game and win when Nick Schmaltz nets his ninth goal of the season.
- San Jose Sharks v. Los Angeles Kings – 10p ET
- In Los Angeles, the Sharks take on the Kings and in the first San Jose takes the lead when Tomas Hertl nets his 11th goal on the season. In the second, Timo Meier nets his seventh goal of the season to give the Sharks the 2-0 lead. With less than 30 seconds to go in the third, Rudolfs Balcers nets his fifth goal to give the Sharks the 3-0 shutout win over the Kings.
- PIT v. BOS – 1p ET
- DET v. TB – 1p ET
- CHI v. NAS – 3p ET
- NYR v. BOS – 7p ET
- PHI v. NYI – 7p ET
- DAL v. CAR – 7p ET
- CLB v. FLA – 7p ET
- OTT v. MON – 7p ET
- MIN v. VGK – 9p ET
- STL v. COL – 9p ET
- SJ v. LA – 10p ET
- VAN v. EDM – 10p Postponed