Today the National Hockey League has announced the Players of the Month for the month of March 2021.
Discover Central Division
Aleksander Barkov (C – FLA) & Crystal Wimmer (Broward Health Medical Center)
- Barkov would record 5 goals and 11 assists for 16 points in 11 games played for the Panthers. Barkov would rank fifth in the NHL with 1.45 points per game in the month of March that would see the Panthers go 10-5-1 to tie (in standings points) for first place in the League standings.
Honda West Division
Philipp Grubauer (G – COL) & Gina Minert (RHMC)
- Grubauer would go 12-2-1 to become the goalie in NHL history to win 12 games in a calendar month. Grubauer would record a 1.56 GAA, .933 save percentage, and three shutouts to guide the Avalanche to the top of the West Division standings.
MassMutual East Division
Sidney Crosby (C – PIT) & Darby Scarantine (UPMC Mercy)
- Crosby would record seven goals and 14 assists for 21 points in 15 games played for the Penguins as they went 12-3-1 in the month to take third place in the East Division. Crosby’s month would be highlighted with 7 multi-point performances.
Scotia North Division
Connor McDavid (C – EDM) & Fathima Aranha (Univ. of Alberta Hospital and Stollery Children’s Hospital)
- McDavid would record 7 goals and 16 assists for 23 points in 14 games played for the Oilers. Edmonton would go 8-5-1 for the month , and all of McDavid’s points would come during an 11 game point streak from March 6th to 29th.
* All Graphics Courtesy of the NHL