NHL News and Notes from Friday, March 26th, 2021
- Philadelphia Flyers forward Samuel Morin has been fined by the NHL Department of Player Safety.
- Morin was fined $3,017.24, max allowed under the CBA, for unsportsmanlike conduct against forward Brendan Lemieux of the New York Rangers on Thursday night.
- The Buffalo Sabres and Montreal Canadiens made a trade.
- Montreal acquired forward Eric Staal.
- Buffalo acquired a 3rd and 5th Round Draft Pick in 2021.
- New Jersey Devils v. Washington Capitals – 7p ET
- In the second game of their back to back, the Washington Capitals would host the New Jersey Devils. In the first period Alex Ovechkin and Nicklas Backstrom would score for the Caps to take a 2-0 lead. Then after a scoreless second period, Conor Sheary would strike to grow the Caps lead to three. Ovechkin would then net his second of the game to secure the 4-0 victory for the Capitals over the Devils.
- Anaheim Ducks v. St. Louis Blues – 8p ET
- In St. Louis the Blues would hos the Anaheim Ducks, and after a scoreless first period Sam Steel and Max Jones would score to give the Ducks the 2-0 lead. In the third, St. Louis gets on the board when Ryan O’Reilly gets his 11th goal of the season. Late in the period, Anaheim gets two empty nets goals from Derek Grant and Rickard Rakell to give the Ducks the 4-1 win over the Blues.
- San Jose Sharks v. Arizona Coyotes – 10p ET
- In Glendale, the Coyotes look to defeat the Sharks. In the first the Coyotes get on the board when Christian Dvorak nets his 10th goal of the season. In the second, San Jose gets on the board with a Tomas Hertl goal, his 10th on the season. The Coyotes retake the lead with a Nick Schmaltz goal, his eighth on the season. In the third, the Coyotes get goals from Christian Dvorak, his second on the night, Dryden Hunt, and Phil Kessel to take the 5-1 lead. The Sharks come within three when Patrick Marleau nets his second goal of the season but the Coyotes go on to get the 5-2 win over the Sharks.
- Winnipeg Jets v. Calgary Flames – 10p ET
- In the Saddledome, the Flames look to down the Jets. In the first, Blake Wheeler nets his 10th on the season to give the Jets the 1-0 lead. In the second, Kyle Connor nets his 17th to give Winnipeg the 2-0 lead. The Flames get on the board in the third when Milan Lucic nets his seventh goal on the season. Winnipeg takes the 3-1 lead when Paul Stastny gets his 11th on the season and Calgary responds when Matthew Tkachuk gets his ninth on the season. The Jets escape the Saddledome with a 3-2 win over Calgary.
- Edmonton Oilers v. Montreal Canadiens – Postponed
- BUF v. BOS – 1p ET
- NYR v. PHI – 1p ET
- VGK v. COL – 3p ET
- CLB v. DET – 3p ET
- TB v. CAR – 7p ET
- EDM v. TOR – 7p ET
- NYI v. PIT – 7p ET
- NAS v. CHI – 8p ET
- FLA v. DAL – 8p ET
- SJ v. ARI – 10p ET
- WIN v. CAL – 10p ET