NHL News and Notes from Friday, March 19th, 2021
- New York Rangers v. Washington Capitals – 7p ET
- In Washington the New York Rangers would come to town for a back to back weekend series with the Capitals, and in the first period Artemi Panarin would strike on the powerplay to give the Rangers the 1-0 lead. Then after a scoreless second period Alex Ovechkin would net a pair of goals by cleaning up the garbage in front of the net to give the Capitals the 2-1 victory.
Michael’s TXHT Recap – Ovi to the Rescue
- Vancouver Canucks v. Montreal Canadiens – 7p ET
- In Montreal the Canadiens would host the Vancouver Canucks, and in the first period Corey Perry would strike on the powerplay for the Habs to take the 1-0 lead. In the second period Adam Gaudette and Nils Hoglander would score for the Canucks to take the 2-1 lead. Then in the third period Nick Suzuki would score to tie the game at two, but in overtime it would be JT Miller with the winner as the Canucks would go on to defeat the Canadiens 3-2.
- Calgary Flames v. Toronto Maple Leafs – 7p ET
- In Toronto the Maple Leafs would don the St. Pats jerseys against the Calgary Flames, and in the first period the Flames would get goals from Matthew Tkachuk, Derek Ryan, and Christopher Tanev for a three goal period, but goals from Jason Spezza and Alexander Kerfoot would keep the Leafs in the game and the Flames with only a one goal lead. Then in the second period Mitch Marner would score to tie the game at three, but Mark Giordano’s fourth of the season would give the Flames the 4-3 victory.
- St. Louis Blues v. San Jose Sharks – 9p ET
- In San Jose, the Sharks look to take a bite of the Blues. After a scoreless first period, San Jose gets on the board when Ryan Donato nets his fourth goal of the season. In the third, Tyler Bozak ties the game with a PPG for his first goal of the season. After a scoreless overtime session the game moves to the shootout where St. Louis nets the winner in the third round with a goal by Vladimir Tarasenko.
- Vegas Golden Knights v. Los Angeles Kings – 10p ET
- In the City of Angels, the Golden Knights looks to defeat the Kings. In the first period, Vegas gets a pair of goals from Max Pacioretty, getting his 15th and 16th goal. The Kings get on the board when Alex Iafallo gets his seventh goal of the season. In the second, Trevor Moore goes on to tie the game with his fourth goal of the season. Vegas regains the lead when William Karlsson gets his seventh goal on the season. In the third, William Carrier gets his first goal of the season to give the Golden Knights the 4-2 win over the Kings.
- PIT v. NJ – 1p ET
- BOS v. BUF – Postponed
- NAS v. FLA – 2p ET
- MIN v. COL – 3p ET
- CHI v. TB – 4p ET
- NYR v. WAS – 7p ET
- PHI v. NYI – 7p ET
- CLB v. CAR – 7p ET
- DAL v. DET – 7p ET
- VAN v. MON – 7p ET
- CAL v. TOR – 7p ET
- ARI v. ANA – 8p ET
- STL v. SJ – 9p ET
- WIN v. EDM – 10p ET