NHL News and Notes from Thursday, March 18th, 2021
- Pittsburgh Penguins v. New Jersey Devils – 7p ET
- In New Jersey the Devils would play host to the Pittsburgh Penguins, and in the first period Jack Hughes would open the scoring for the Devils to take the 1-0 lead. In the second period Jake Guentzel would tally for the Pens, but earlier tallies from PK Subban and Travis Zajac would give the Devils a two goal lead. Come the third period the Penguins would get a goal from Bryan Rust, but it would not be enough as the Devils would win 3-2.
- Boston Bruins v. Buffalo Sabres – 7p ET
- In Buffalo the Boston Bruins would take on the Sabres, and in the first period Greg McKegg would score to get the Bruins on the board first. Then int he second period Kyle Okposo would tie the game for the Sabres, but tallies from Jake DeBrusk and Craig Smith would give the B’s the two goal lead. In the third period David Pastrnak would score to give the Bruins the 4-1 victory.
- Philadelphia Flyers v. New York Islanders – 7p ET
- On Long Island the New York Islanders would host the Philadelphia Flyers, and after a scoreless first period the Flyers would strike with goals from Oskar Lindblom, Claude Giroux, and Jakub Voracek to take the 3-0 lead. However, come the third period the Flyers would deflate, and the Islanders would get goals from Michael Dal Colle, Sebastian Aho (no, not the one in Carolina), and Oliver Wahlstrom to tie the game at three, but the Flyers would respond as Lindblom would net his second of the game to give the Flyers the 4-3 victory.
- Columbus Blue Jackets v. Carolina Hurricanes – 7p ET
- The Carolina Hurricanes would do battle with the Columbus Blue Jackets at home, and in the first period the Jackets would strike first as Seth Jones would tally for the 1-0 lead. Then in the second period Kevin Stenlund would score for the Jackets, but a tally of goals from Sebastian Aho (the good one) would tie the game at two for the Canes. After a scoreless third period, Seth Jones would net his second of the game to give the Blue Jackets the 3-2 victory.
- Chicago Blackhawks v. Tampa Bay Lightning – 7p ET
- In Tampa Bay the Chicago Blackhawks would come to town to take on the Lightning, and in the first period both teams would net two goals each as Mattias Janmark and Dylan Strome would score for the Blackhawks, and Alex Killorn and Yanni Gourde would score for the Bolts. Then after a scoreless second period Ross Colton and Victor Hedman would strike for the Lightning to give them the 4-2 victory.
- Nashville Predators v. Florida Panthers – 7p ET
- In Florida the Panthers and Nashville Predators would faceoff, and in the first period Jonathan Huberdeau would score for the Panthers to take the 1-0 lead. In the second period Calle Jarnkrok would score to tie the game at one for the Preds, and then in the third period Jarnkrok would strike again to give the Predators the 2-1 victory.
- Dallas Stars v. Detroit Red Wings – 7:30p ET
- In Detroit former Western Conference rivals and current Central Division rivals would faceoff as the Red Wings would take on the Dallas Stars. In the first 49 minutes it would be all Robby Fabbri as he would net a goal in each period for the natural hat trick to give the Wings the 3-0 lead. However, Roope Hintz and Jason Dickinson would score for the Stars, but would fall short as the Red Wings would go on to win 3-2.
- Winnipeg Jets v. Edmonton Oilers – 9p ET
- In Edmonton, after a scoreless first period, Edmonton gets on the board when Connor McDavid gets his 19th goal of the season. Winnipeg ties the game when Mathieu Perreault gets his seventh goal of the season and then the Oilers regain the lead when McDavid gets his second goal of the night. After a scoreless third period, the Oilers get the 2-1 win over the Jets.
- Minnesota Wild v. Colorado Avalanche – 9p ET
- In Denver, the Wild and Avalanche have a highly contested battle. In the first period, Colorado gets a pair of goals when Nathan MacKinnon and Mikko Rantanen score to make it a 2-0 game. Minnesota gets on the board when Victor Rask gets his seventh goal of the season. Colorado makes it a 3-1 game when Gabriel Landeskog gets his eighth goal of the season. In the third period, Joonas Donskoi and Rantanen both score to take the 5-1 lead and the eventual win over the Wild.
- Arizona Coyotes v. Anaheim Ducks – 10p ET
- In Anaheim, the Ducks look to stop the Coyotes and in the first period Arizona gets goals from Conor Garland and Clayton Keller to take the 2-0 lead. In the second, Anaheim gets two goals as well when Jamie Drysdale and Trevor Zegras score to tie the game. In the overtime session, Anaheim gets the 3-2 win when Adam Henrique scores 47 seconds in the frame.
- NYR v. WAS – 7p ET
- VAN v. MON – 7p ET
- CAL v. TOR – 7p ET
- STL v. SJ – 9p ET
- VGK v. LA – 10p ET