NHL News and Notes from Sunday, March 14th, 2021
- Arizona Coyotes v. Minnesota Wild – 2p ET
- In an afternoon matinee, the Minnesota Wild would host the Arizona Coyotes. In the first period Phil Kessel would score to give the Coyotes the 1-0 lead, but in the second period Victor Rask would score to tie the game at one. Then in the third period Nick Bonino, Kevin Fiala, and Joel Eriksson Ek would score to give the Wild the 4-1 victory.
- Carolina Hurricanes v. Detroit Red Wings – 5p ET
- In Detroit the Red Wings would face off with the Carolina Hurricanes, and after a scoreless first period Dougie Hamilton would score while shorthanded to give the Canes the 1-0 lead. Then in the third period Nino Niederreiter would score early in the period to grow the Canes lead to two, but while Anthony Mantha would score late for the Wings, the Hurricanes would hold on for the 2-1 victory.
- Dallas Stars v. Columbus Blue Jackets – 5p ET
- In Columbus the Dallas Stars and Blue Jackets would do battle, and in the first period Joe Pavelski would score to give the Stars the 1-0 lead. Then after a scoreless second period Zach Werenski would score to tie the game at one and send the game to overtime. After the extra five minutes couldn’t decide a winner it would be Alexander Radulov in the shootout with the game winner for the 2-1 victory.
- New York Islanders v. New Jersey Devils – 5p ET
- Back in New Jersey the Devils and New York Islanders would do battle once again, and in the first period Janne Kuokkanen would score on the powerplay for the Devils, but tallies from Kieffer Bellows and Brock Nelson would give the Isles the 2-1 lead. In the second period Yegor Sharangovich would strike for the Devils to tie the game at two and send the game to overtime. After a scoreless third period and extra five minutes, it would be an Oliver Wahlstrom shootout tally to give the Islanders the 3-2 victory over the Devils.
- Los Angeles Kings v. Colorado Avalanche – 7p ET
- In Colorado the Los Angeles Kings would come to town to face off with the Avalanche, and in the first period Nazem Kadri would score to give the Avs the 1-0 lead. Then in the second period Andre Burakovsky and Joonas Donskoi would score to grow the Avs lead to three, and in the third period Kurtis MacDermid would score for the Kings, but Nathan MacKinnon’s seventh of the season would secure the 4-1 victory for the Avalanche.
- Toronto Maple Leafs v. Ottawa Senators – 7p ET
- Up north in the Nation’s Capital of Canada, the Ottawa Senators would host the Toronto Maple Leafs (St. Pats). In the first period Zach Hyman would score for the Leafs, but tallies from Brady Tkachuk and Ryan Dzingel would give the Reverse Retro clad Sens the 2-1 lead. Then in the second period Drake Batherson would net a pair of goals to give the Sens a 4-1 lead. In the third period the Leafs would try to get back into it, but after having their goal disallowed after being challenged for goaltender interference they would finally score as Hyman would net his second of the game to cut the Leafs deficit to two. John Tavares would strike in the final minutes, but the Senators would hold on for the 4-3 victory.
- NAS v. TB – 4p ET
- WAS v. BUF – 7p ET
- PHI v. NYR – 7p ET
- CHI v. FLA – 7p ET
- BOS v. PIT – 7p ET
- VAN v. OTT – 7p ET
- MON v. WIN – 8p ET
- EDM v. CAL – 9p ET
- SJ v. VGK – 10p ET
- STL v. LA – 10p ET